NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NXPI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NXP) is a semiconductor company that provides mixed signal and standard product solutions. It offers radio frequency (RF), analog, interface, power management, security and digital processing products. NXPs standard products business offers various standard semiconductor components, such as integrated discretes, power discretes and small signal discretes. Its products and solutions are utilized in lighting, security, wireless infrastructure, industrial, mobile telecommunications, automotive, consumer and computing applications. The company has operations in China, Germany, the Netherlands, the US, Singapore, South Korea, and Taiwan, among others. NXP is headquartered in Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, the Netherlands.
In December 2015, the company completed its merger with Freescale creating a market leader in automotive, broad based microcontroller and security semiconductor solutions.
NXP Semiconductors N.V. Key Recent Developments
Jul 29, 2015: NXP Semiconductors Reports Second Quarter 2015 Results
Apr 29, 2015: NXP Semiconductors Reports First Quarter 2015 Results
Mar 18, 2015: NXP launches the worlds first NFC-commissioned smart home and lighting solution
Feb 05, 2015: NXP Semiconductors Reports Fourth Quarter and Full-year 2014 Results
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
NXP Semiconductors N.V. - Key Facts 6
NXP Semiconductors N.V. - Key Employees 7
NXP Semiconductors N.V. - Key Employee Biographies 8
NXP Semiconductors N.V. - Major Products and Services 9
NXP Semiconductors N.V. - History 11
NXP Semiconductors N.V. - Company Statement 16
NXP Semiconductors N.V. - Locations And Subsidiaries 17
Head Office 17
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 17
Joint Venture 21
Section 2 Company Analysis 22
NXP Semiconductors N.V. - Business Description 22
NXP Semiconductors N.V. - Corporate Strategy 24
NXP Semiconductors N.V. - SWOT Analysis 25
SWOT Analysis - Overview 25
NXP Semiconductors N.V. - Strengths 25
Strength - Business Performance: High Performance Mixed Signal 25
Strength - NXP and Freescale Merger 25
Strength - Market Position 25
NXP Semiconductors N.V. - Weaknesses 26
Weakness - Dependence: China 26
NXP Semiconductors N.V. - Opportunities 27
Opportunity - Product Development Initiatives 27
Opportunity - Growth Prospects: HPMS Segment 27
Opportunity - Positive Outlook of Semiconductor Market 27
Opportunity - Strategic Partnerships 27
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions 27
NXP Semiconductors N.V. - Threats 29
Threat - Intense Competition 29
Threat - Litigation 29
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes 29
NXP Semiconductors N.V. - Key Competitors 30
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 31
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 31
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 32
Performance Chart 34
Financial Performance 34
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 35
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 36
NXP Semiconductors N.V., Recent Deals Summary 37
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 38
Jul 29, 2015: NXP Semiconductors Reports Second Quarter 2015 Results 38
Apr 29, 2015: NXP Semiconductors Reports First Quarter 2015 Results 39
Mar 18, 2015: NXP launches the worlds first NFC-commissioned smart home and lighting solution 40
Feb 05, 2015: NXP Semiconductors Reports Fourth Quarter and Full-year 2014 Results 41
Section 5 Appendix 42
Ratio Definitions 42
About GlobalData 46
Contact Us 46
List Of Tables
NXP Semiconductors N.V., Key Facts 6
NXP Semiconductors N.V., Key Employees 7
NXP Semiconductors N.V., Key Employee Biographies 8
NXP Semiconductors N.V., Major Products and Services 9
NXP Semiconductors N.V., History 11
NXP Semiconductors N.V., Other Locations 17
NXP Semiconductors N.V., Subsidiaries 18
NXP Semiconductors N.V., Joint Venture 21
NXP Semiconductors N.V., Key Competitors 30
NXP Semiconductors N.V., Ratios based on current share price 31
NXP Semiconductors N.V., Annual Ratios 32
NXP Semiconductors N.V., Interim Ratios 35
NXP Semiconductors N.V., Recent Deals Summary 37
Currency Codes 42
Capital Market Ratios 42
Equity Ratios 43
Profitability Ratios 43
Cost Ratios 44
Liquidity Ratios 44
Leverage Ratios 45
Efficiency Ratios 45
List Of Figures
NXP Semiconductors N.V., Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 34
NXP Semiconductors N.V., Ratio Charts 36