Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) is a provider of analog and digital processing products. The company designs, manufactures and markets analog, mixed-signal, and digital signal processing integrated circuits. The companys analog devices are used in various applications such as factory automation systems equipment, light and sound into electrical signals, motion, converting temperature, pressure, portable wireless communications devices, cellular base stations, computers, medical imaging equipment, defense electronics, office networking, automobiles, digital cameras and digital televisions. Its digital signal processing products are used for various software applications in telecommunications, audio processing, and image processing. The company has operations in North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia through its subsidiaries and offices. The company is headquartered in Norwood, the US.
Analog Devices, Inc. Key Recent Developments
Feb 23, 2016: Precision Power Conversion Platform Enables Disruptive Inverter Technology to Lower Solar Energy Cost
Feb 23, 2016: Energy Harvesting Power Management Unit Delivers Industry-Leading Efficiency in Energy Scarce IoT Applications
Feb 22, 2016: Microcontroller Series Enables Longer Battery Life in IoT Applications Without Sacrificing
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Analog Devices, Inc. - Key Facts 6
Analog Devices, Inc. - Key Employees 7
Analog Devices, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies 8
Analog Devices, Inc. - Major Products and Services 9
Analog Devices, Inc. - History 10
Analog Devices, Inc. - Company Statement 15
Analog Devices, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries 17
Head Office 17
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 17
Section 2 Company Analysis 19
Analog Devices, Inc. - Business Description 19
Analog Devices, Inc. - Corporate Strategy 21
Analog Devices, Inc. - SWOT Analysis 22
SWOT Analysis - Overview 22
Analog Devices, Inc. - Strengths 22
Strength - Success in International Markets 22
Strength - Robust Research and Development Activities 22
Strength - Diverse Market Coverage 22
Analog Devices, Inc. - Weaknesses 23
Weakness - Decline in Cost Efficiency 23
Analog Devices, Inc. - Opportunities 24
Opportunity - New Products 24
Opportunity - Agreements and Collaborations 24
Opportunity - Positive Outlook for Semiconductor Market 24
Analog Devices, Inc. - Threats 25
Threat - Dependence on Distributors 25
Threat - Stiff Competition 25
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes 25
Analog Devices, Inc. - Key Competitors 26
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 27
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 27
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 28
Performance Chart 30
Financial Performance 30
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 31
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 32
Analog Devices, Inc., Recent Deals Summary 33
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 34
Feb 23, 2016: Precision Power Conversion Platform Enables Disruptive Inverter Technology to Lower Solar Energy Cost 34
Feb 23, 2016: Energy Harvesting Power Management Unit Delivers Industry-Leading Efficiency in Energy Scarce IoT Applications 35
Feb 22, 2016: Microcontroller Series Enables Longer Battery Life in IoT Applications Without Sacrificing 36
Section 5 Appendix 37
Ratio Definitions 37
About GlobalData 41
Contact Us 41
List Of Tables
Analog Devices, Inc., Key Facts 6
Analog Devices, Inc., Key Employees 7
Analog Devices, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
Analog Devices, Inc., Major Products and Services 9
Analog Devices, Inc., History 10
Analog Devices, Inc., Subsidiaries 17
Analog Devices, Inc., Key Competitors 26
Analog Devices, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 27
Analog Devices, Inc., Annual Ratios 28
Analog Devices, Inc., Interim Ratios 31
Analog Devices, Inc., Recent Deals Summary 33
Currency Codes 37
Capital Market Ratios 37
Equity Ratios 38
Profitability Ratios 38
Cost Ratios 39
Liquidity Ratios 39
Leverage Ratios 40
Efficiency Ratios 40
List Of Figures
Analog Devices, Inc., Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 30
Analog Devices, Inc., Ratio Charts 32