Broadcom Ltd (AVGO) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Broadcom Ltd, formerly Avago Technologies Limited, (Broadcom) is a manufacturer of semiconductors. It provides a broad range of analog and mixed signal and optoelectronics components and subsystems for communications, industrial and consumer applications. The companys product portfolio comprises fiber optic transceivers, RF and microwave components, network-application specific integrated circuits (ASICs), motion control sensors, light emitting diodes (LEDs) and displays, and optocouplers, among others. It also provides electrical insulation and signal isolation for signaling systems. The companys products cater to the wireless communications; wired infrastructure; industrial markets, among others. Its products find applications in cellular phones, consumer appliances, enterprise storage and servers, data networking and telecommunications equipment, renewable energy and smart power grid applications, factory automation, displays, optical mice and printers. Broadcom is headquartered in Singapore.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Broadcom Ltd - Key Facts 6
Broadcom Ltd - Key Employees 7
Broadcom Ltd - Key Employee Biographies 9
Broadcom Ltd - Major Products and Services 10
Broadcom Ltd - History 11
Broadcom Ltd - Company Statement 18
Broadcom Ltd - Locations And Subsidiaries 28
Head Office 28
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 28
Section 2 Company Analysis 31
Broadcom Ltd - Business Description 31
Broadcom Ltd - SWOT Analysis 32
SWOT Analysis - Overview 32
Broadcom Ltd - Strengths 32
Strength - Wireless Communications Segment 32
Strength - Focused R&D Activities 32
Strength - Enterprise Storage Segment 32
Broadcom Ltd - Weaknesses 33
Weakness - Net Working Capital Concerns 33
Weakness - Patent Infringement Concerns 33
Broadcom Ltd - Opportunities 34
Opportunity - New Products 34
Opportunity - Positive Outlook for Semiconductor Market 34
Opportunity - Positive Outlook for EMS 34
Broadcom Ltd - Threats 35
Threat - Dependence on Limited Suppliers and Manufacturers 35
Threat - Intense Competition 35
Threat - Patent Expiry 35
Broadcom Ltd - Key Competitors 36
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 37
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 37
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 38
Performance Chart 40
Financial Performance 40
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 41
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 42
Section 4 Appendix 43
Ratio Definitions 43
About GlobalData 47
Contact Us 47
List Of Tables
Broadcom Ltd, Key Facts 6
Broadcom Ltd, Key Employees 7
Broadcom Ltd, Key Employee Biographies 9
Broadcom Ltd, Major Products and Services 10
Broadcom Ltd, History 11
Broadcom Ltd, Other Locations 28
Broadcom Ltd, Subsidiaries 29
Broadcom Ltd, Key Competitors 36
Broadcom Ltd, Ratios based on current share price 37
Broadcom Ltd, Annual Ratios 38
Broadcom Ltd, Interim Ratios 41
Currency Codes 43
Capital Market Ratios 43
Equity Ratios 44
Profitability Ratios 44
Cost Ratios 45
Liquidity Ratios 45
Leverage Ratios 46
Efficiency Ratios 46
List Of Figures
Broadcom Ltd, Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 40
Broadcom Ltd, Ratio Charts 42