Siemens Limited (SIEMENS) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Siemens Limited (Siemens), a subsidiary of Siemens AG, is a provider of technology enable solutions. Its product portfolio includes automation technologies; building technologies; motors and drives; home appliances; power generation, transmission and distribution systems and solutions; healthcare IT and infrastructure solutions; laboratory diagnostics; medical imaging and therapy systems; and mobility solutions, among others. Siemens offers these solutions to airports, automotive, buildings, cement, healthcare, food and beverage; marine, minerals, oil and gas, renewable energy, petrochemicals, railways, textiles, urban infrastructure, pharmaceuticals, ports, power generation and power transmission and distribution industries. Siemens markets its products through a network of sales and service centers. Siemens is headquartered in Mumbai, India.
Siemens Limited Key Recent Developments
Jan 29, 2016: Announces Q1 results, Limited Review Report & Results Press Release for the Quarter ended December 31, 2015
Jan 01, 2016: Resignation of Independent Director: Siemens
Nov 27, 2015: Siemens: Announces Q4 & FY15 results & Results Press Release for the period ended September 30, 2015
Oct 13, 2015: Siemens Ltd. wins order worth Rs. 97 crore from NTPC
Sep 30, 2015: Siemens wins order worth Rs. 79 crore for Gear Boxes
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Siemens Limited - Key Facts 6
Siemens Limited - Key Employees 7
Siemens Limited - Key Employee Biographies 8
Siemens Limited - Major Products and Services 9
Siemens Limited - History 10
Siemens Limited - Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Siemens Limited - Key Manufacturing Facilities 16
Section 2 Company Analysis 17
Siemens Limited - Business Description 17
Siemens Limited - Corporate Strategy 19
Siemens Limited - SWOT Analysis 20
SWOT Analysis - Overview 20
Siemens Limited - Strengths 20
Strength - Research and Development 20
Strength - Business Performance: Energy Management 20
Strength - Increase in Net Working Capital 20
Siemens Limited - Weaknesses 21
Weakness - Product Recalls 21
Siemens Limited - Opportunities 22
Opportunity - New Contracts 22
Opportunity - Prospects for Growth in Demand for Electricity: India 22
Opportunity - New Product Launches 22
Opportunity - Global Diagnostic Imaging Market 22
Siemens Limited - Threats 23
Threat - Operational Risk 23
Threat - Stringent Government Regulations 23
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes 23
Siemens Limited - Key Competitors 24
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 26
Performance Chart 28
Financial Performance 28
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 29
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 30
Siemens Limited, Recent Deals Summary 31
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 32
Jan 29, 2016: Announces Q1 results, Limited Review Report & Results Press Release for the Quarter ended December 31, 2015 32
Jan 01, 2016: Resignation of Independent Director: Siemens 33
Nov 27, 2015: Siemens: Announces Q4 & FY15 results & Results Press Release for the period ended September 30, 2015 34
Oct 13, 2015: Siemens Ltd. wins order worth Rs. 97 crore from NTPC 35
Sep 30, 2015: Siemens wins order worth Rs. 79 crore for Gear Boxes 36
Jul 27, 2015: Siemens Ltd. wins order worth Rs. 67 crore for Gas Insulated Switchgear 37
Jul 16, 2015: Siemens Ltd. wins order worth Rs. 123 crore from Power Grid Company of Bangladesh 38
Section 5 Appendix 39
Ratio Definitions 39
About GlobalData 43
Contact Us 43
List Of Tables
Siemens Limited, Key Facts 6
Siemens Limited, Key Employees 7
Siemens Limited, Key Employee Biographies 8
Siemens Limited, Major Products and Services 9
Siemens Limited, History 10
Siemens Limited, Other Locations 15
Siemens Limited, Key Manufacturing Facilities 16
Siemens Limited, Key Competitors 24
Siemens Limited, Ratios based on current share price 25
Siemens Limited, Annual Ratios 26
Siemens Limited, Interim Ratios 29
Siemens Limited, Recent Deals Summary 31
Currency Codes 39
Capital Market Ratios 39
Equity Ratios 40
Profitability Ratios 40
Cost Ratios 41
Liquidity Ratios 41
Leverage Ratios 42
Efficiency Ratios 42
List Of Figures
Siemens Limited, Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 28
Siemens Limited, Ratio Charts 30