TomTom International BV (TOM2) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief Summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
TomTom International BV (TomTom) is an in-car location and navigation products manufacturer and services provider. It is principally engaged in providing digital maps, points of interest, navigation software, automotive systems, smart phone applications, traffic intelligence, sports watches, location based services (LBS), portable navigation devices (PNDs), fleet management services (FMS), and speedcam intelligence. The company classifies its business into four units, namely, the Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Business Solutions. The product portfolio of company includes in-dash infotainment systems, portable navigation devices, real-time services, fleet management solutions and TomTom HD Traffic. The company is headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
TomTom International BV - Key Facts 6
TomTom International BV - Key Employees 7
TomTom International BV - Key Employee Biographies 8
TomTom International BV - Major Products and Services 9
TomTom International BV - History 10
TomTom International BV - Company Statement 17
TomTom International BV - Locations And Subsidiaries 19
Head Office 19
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 19
Section 2 Company Analysis 21
TomTom International BV - Business Description 21
TomTom International BV - Corporate Strategy 22
TomTom International BV - SWOT Analysis 23
SWOT Analysis - Overview 23
TomTom International BV - Strengths 23
Strength - Market Leading Operations 23
Strength - Focus on Research and Development 23
Strength - Intelligent Map Making System 23
TomTom International BV - Weaknesses 24
Weakness - Declining Cash Reserves 24
TomTom International BV - Opportunities 25
Opportunity - Growing Asia Pacific Markets 25
Opportunity - Growing Intelligent Transport Systems Markets 25
Opportunity - Strategic Agreements 25
TomTom International BV - Threats 26
Threat - Dependency on Suppliers 26
Threat - Highly Competitive Market 26
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes 26
TomTom International BV - Key Competitors 27
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 28
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 28
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 29
Performance Chart 31
Financial Performance 31
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 32
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 33
TomTom International BV, Recent Deals Summary 34
Section 4 Appendix 35
Ratio Definitions 35
About GlobalData 39
Contact Us 39
List Of Tables
TomTom International BV, Key Facts 6
TomTom International BV, Key Employees 7
TomTom International BV, Key Employee Biographies 8
TomTom International BV, Major Products and Services 9
TomTom International BV, History 10
TomTom International BV, Other Locations 19
TomTom International BV, Subsidiaries 20
TomTom International BV, Key Competitors 27
TomTom International BV, Ratios based on current share price 28
TomTom International BV, Annual Ratios 29
TomTom International BV, Interim Ratios 32
TomTom International BV, Recent Deals Summary 34
Currency Codes 35
Capital Market Ratios 35
Equity Ratios 36
Profitability Ratios 36
Cost Ratios 37
Liquidity Ratios 37
Leverage Ratios 38
Efficiency Ratios 38
List Of Figures
TomTom International BV, Performance Chart (2010 - 2014) 31
TomTom International BV, Ratio Charts 33