Millicom International Cellular SA (MIC SDB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Millicom International Cellular SA (Millicom) is a telecommunication and media company that offers fixed and mobile telecommunication services, broadband services, cable and satellite TV, and other online services. It also offers mobile financial services such as money transfer, bill payments, and merchant payments. The company provides its services under major brands such as Tigo, Tigo Smart, Tigo Star, Tigo Business, Tigo Money/Cash/Pesa, Tigo Music and Tigo Sports. Its products and services cater to retail consumers, small and medium businesses, large companies, multinationals and governments. The company and its subsidiaries operate in Central America, South America and Africa. Millicom is headquartered in Luxembourg.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Millicom International Cellular SA - Key Facts 6
Millicom International Cellular SA - Key Employees 7
Millicom International Cellular SA - Key Employee Biographies 8
Millicom International Cellular SA - Major Products and Services 9
Millicom International Cellular SA - History 10
Millicom International Cellular SA - Company Statement 14
Millicom International Cellular SA - Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Section 2 Company Analysis 17
Millicom International Cellular SA - Business Description 17
Millicom International Cellular SA - Corporate Strategy 18
Millicom International Cellular SA - SWOT Analysis 19
SWOT Analysis - Overview 19
Millicom International Cellular SA - Strengths 19
Strength - Mobile Business 19
Strength - Leading Market Position 19
Strength - Business Performance: Cable and Digital Media 19
Millicom International Cellular SA - Weaknesses 20
Weakness - Working Capital Deficit 20
Millicom International Cellular SA - Opportunities 21
Opportunity - Inorganic Growth Initiatives: Acquisitions 21
Opportunity - Strategic Initiatives 21
Opportunity - Growth Potential for its Offerings: Latin America 21
Millicom International Cellular SA - Threats 22
Threat - Intense Competition 22
Threat - Rapid Changes in Technology 22
Threat - Strict Regulations 22
Threat - Foreign Exchange Fluctuations 22
Millicom International Cellular SA - Key Competitors 23
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 24
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 24
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 25
Performance Chart 26
Financial Performance 26
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 27
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 28
Section 4 Appendix 29
Ratio Definitions 29
About GlobalData 33
Contact Us 33
List Of Tables
Millicom International Cellular SA, Key Facts 6
Millicom International Cellular SA, Key Employees 7
Millicom International Cellular SA, Key Employee Biographies 8
Millicom International Cellular SA, Major Products and Services 9
Millicom International Cellular SA, History 10
Millicom International Cellular SA, Other Locations 15
Millicom International Cellular SA, Subsidiaries 15
Millicom International Cellular SA, Key Competitors 23
Millicom International Cellular SA, Ratios based on current share price 24
Millicom International Cellular SA, Annual Ratios 25
Millicom International Cellular SA, Interim Ratios 27
Currency Codes 29
Capital Market Ratios 29
Equity Ratios 30
Profitability Ratios 30
Cost Ratios 31
Liquidity Ratios 31
Leverage Ratios 32
Efficiency Ratios 32
List Of Figures
Millicom International Cellular SA, Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 26
Millicom International Cellular SA, Ratio Charts 28