LG Corp. (003550) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief Summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
LG Corp. (LG) is a diversified holding company that carries out the manufacturing and sale of electronic products, chemicals and telecommunication products through its subsidiaries and affiliates. The Electronics division develops innovative technologies and products. The Chemical business of the company develops secondary batteries, polarized light films. Its chemical products include petrochemical byproducts, intermediates, synthetic resins, engineering plastics, construction materials, interior materials and surface materials. LGs telecommunication services include mobile telephone services, wireless Internet services, commercial mobile communication services and international broadband lines. Geographically, the company has operations in various countries across Asia, North America and Europe. LG is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea.
LG Corp. Key Recent Developments
Oct 09, 2013: LG To Expand Energy Solutions Business
Oct 07, 2013: LG, a leading global business group in Korea, is actively pushing forward its energy solutions business
Feb 28, 2013: Sunmodo Partners Method Homes For 4kW Solar PV System In US
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
LG Corp. - Key Facts 6
LG Corp. - Key Employees 7
LG Corp. - Key Employee Biographies 8
LG Corp. - Major Products and Services 9
LG Corp. - History 11
LG Corp. - Company Statement 14
LG Corp. - Locations And Subsidiaries 16
Head Office 16
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 16
Section 2 Company Analysis 19
LG Corp. - Business Description 19
LG Corp. - Corporate Strategy 20
LG Corp. - SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis - Overview 21
LG Corp. - Strengths 21
Strength - Comprehensive Offering Portfolio 21
Strength - Technological Leadership 21
LG Corp. - Weaknesses 22
Weakness - Declining Operational Efficiency 22
Weakness - Substantial Debt 22
LG Corp. - Opportunities 23
Opportunity - Demand for Smartphones 23
Opportunity - Growing Demand for Petrochemicals 23
Opportunity - Strategic Intiatives 23
Opportunity - Perpetual Innovation 23
LG Corp. - Threats 24
Threat - Infringement of Intellectual Property 24
Threat - Rise in Counterfeit Products 24
Threat - Stringent Regulations 24
LG Corp. - Key Competitors 25
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 29
Financial Performance 29
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 30
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 31
LG Corp., Recent Deals Summary 32
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 33
Oct 27, 2014: LG Introduces the Worlds Best Energy Solution Technology at CEPSI 2014 33
Section 5 Appendix 35
Ratio Definitions 35
About GlobalData 39
Contact Us 39
List Of Tables
LG Corp., Key Facts 6
LG Corp., Key Employees 7
LG Corp., Key Employee Biographies 8
LG Corp., Major Products and Services 9
LG Corp., History 11
LG Corp., Subsidiaries 16
LG Corp., Affiliate 18
LG Corp., Key Competitors 25
LG Corp., Ratios based on current share price 26
LG Corp., Annual Ratios 27
LG Corp., Interim Ratios 30
LG Corp., Recent Deals Summary 32
Currency Codes 35
Capital Market Ratios 35
Equity Ratios 36
Profitability Ratios 36
Cost Ratios 37
Liquidity Ratios 37
Leverage Ratios 38
Efficiency Ratios 38
List Of Figures
LG Corp., Performance Chart (2010 - 2014) 29
LG Corp., Ratio Charts 31