Altera Corporation (ALTR) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief Summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Altera Corporation (Altera) is a semiconductor company involved in designing, manufacturing, and marketing Programmable logic devices (PLDs), hardcopy application specific integrated circuit (ASIC), intellectual property (IP) cores, and associated software development tools. It also provides custom logic solutions which include FPGAs, SoCs, CPLDs and power management products. The company serves customers in the telecom and wireless, industrial automation, military and automotive, networking, computer and storage, and other vertical markets including sub-markets of broadcast, consumer, medical and test. The company operates in countries including the US, Japan, China and other countries. It has research and development facilities at Austin, Copenhagen, High Wycombe, Newfoundland, Penang, San Jose, Shanghai and Toronto. Altera is headquartered in San Jose, California, the US.
Altera Corporation Key Recent Developments
Aug 03, 2015: Altera Integrating Advanced Digital Control into Enpirion PowerSoCs to Improve FPGA Power Efficiency
May 12, 2015: Mitsubishi Electrics Next-Generation MELSEC iQ-R Series C Controller Powered by Altera SoCs to Enable Smarter Factories
Mar 09, 2015: Altera Demonstrates its Comprehensive FPGA, SoC and Power Solutions at APEC 2015 Offering Greater Efficiencies in Electronic Design
Feb 25, 2013: Altera Introduces HSR/PRP Reference Design For Smart Grid Automation Equipment
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Altera Corporation - Key Facts 6
Altera Corporation - Key Employees 7
Altera Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 8
Altera Corporation - Major Products and Services 9
Altera Corporation - History 10
Altera Corporation - Company Statement 17
Altera Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 18
Head Office 18
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 18
Section 2 Company Analysis 20
Altera Corporation - Business Description 20
Altera Corporation - Corporate Strategy 22
Altera Corporation - SWOT Analysis 23
SWOT Analysis - Overview 23
Altera Corporation - Strengths 23
Strength - Improved Financial Performance 23
Strength - Robust Research & Development Capabilities 23
Strength - Diversified Customer Base 23
Altera Corporation - Weaknesses 24
Weakness - Substantial Presence of Debt 24
Weakness - Declining Revenue the US 24
Altera Corporation - Opportunities 25
Opportunity - Growing Demand for PLDs 25
Opportunity - Growing Semiconductor Market 25
Opportunity - Strategic Agreements 25
Altera Corporation - Threats 26
Threat - Intellectual Property Rights 26
Threat - Unfavorable Business Environment 26
Threat - Intensive Competition 26
Altera Corporation - Key Competitors 27
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 28
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 28
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 29
Performance Chart 31
Financial Performance 31
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 32
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 33
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 34
Aug 03, 2015: Altera Integrating Advanced Digital Control into Enpirion PowerSoCs to Improve FPGA Power Efficiency 34
May 12, 2015: Mitsubishi Electrics Next-Generation MELSEC iQ-R Series C Controller Powered by Altera SoCs to Enable Smarter Factories 35
Mar 09, 2015: Altera Demonstrates its Comprehensive FPGA, SoC and Power Solutions at APEC 2015 Offering Greater Efficiencies in Electronic Design 36
Section 5 Appendix 37
Ratio Definitions 37
About GlobalData 41
Contact Us 41
List Of Tables
Altera Corporation, Key Facts 6
Altera Corporation, Key Employees 7
Altera Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 8
Altera Corporation, Major Products and Services 9
Altera Corporation, History 10
Altera Corporation, Other Locations 18
Altera Corporation, Subsidiaries 19
Altera Corporation, Key Competitors 27
Altera Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 28
Altera Corporation, Annual Ratios 29
Altera Corporation, Interim Ratios 32
Currency Codes 37
Capital Market Ratios 37
Equity Ratios 38
Profitability Ratios 38
Cost Ratios 39
Liquidity Ratios 39
Leverage Ratios 40
Efficiency Ratios 40
List Of Figures
Altera Corporation, Performance Chart (2010 - 2014) 31
Altera Corporation, Ratio Charts 33