Sonus Networks, Inc. (SONS) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Sonus Networks, Inc. (Sonus) is a provider of session initiation protocol (SIP) and cloud based Unified Communications (UC). It primarily offers IP communications infrastructure solutions principally for wire line and wireless service providers across the world. The companys products are designed utilizing IP-based principles embraced by the IP multimedia subsystem architecture. The product portfolio of the company includes SIP based-session border controllers(SBC), open services switches, signaling gateways, policy and routing servers, Network management solutions and Global services. The company offers its products to communications service providers such as long distance carriers, local exchange carriers, Internet service providers, wireless operators, cable operators, international telephone companies and carriers that provide services to other carriers; and enterprises include financial institutions, retailers, state and local governments and other multinational corporations. It distributes its products and services through direct sales force, indirect sales force, value added resellers and channel partners. The company operates in the US, Japan, EMEA, and other Asia Pacific regions. Sonus is headquartered at Westford, Massachusetts, the US.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Sonus Networks, Inc. - Key Facts 6
Sonus Networks, Inc. - Key Employees 7
Sonus Networks, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies 8
Sonus Networks, Inc. - Major Products and Services 9
Sonus Networks, Inc. - History 10
Sonus Networks, Inc. - Company Statement 13
Sonus Networks, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries 17
Head Office 17
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 17
Section 2 Company Analysis 19
Sonus Networks, Inc. - Business Description 19
Sonus Networks, Inc. - SWOT Analysis 20
SWOT Analysis - Overview 20
Sonus Networks, Inc. - Strengths 20
Strength - Unique Product and Service Offerings 20
Strength - Robust Research & Development 20
Strength - Improved Segmental Revenues 20
Sonus Networks, Inc. - Weaknesses 21
Weakness - Limited Liquidity 21
Weakness - Patent Infringement 21
Sonus Networks, Inc. - Opportunities 22
Opportunity - New Product Launches 22
Opportunity - Positive Outlook for VoIP 22
Opportunity - Strategic Initiatives 22
Sonus Networks, Inc. - Threats 23
Threat - Concentrated Revenue: the US 23
Threat - Competitive Pressure 23
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes 23
Sonus Networks, Inc. - Key Competitors 24
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 26
Performance Chart 27
Financial Performance 27
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 28
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 29
Section 4 Appendix 30
Ratio Definitions 30
About GlobalData 34
Contact Us 34
List Of Tables
Sonus Networks, Inc., Key Facts 6
Sonus Networks, Inc., Key Employees 7
Sonus Networks, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
Sonus Networks, Inc., Major Products and Services 9
Sonus Networks, Inc., History 10
Sonus Networks, Inc., Other Locations 17
Sonus Networks, Inc., Subsidiaries 18
Sonus Networks, Inc., Key Competitors 24
Sonus Networks, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 25
Sonus Networks, Inc., Annual Ratios 26
Sonus Networks, Inc., Interim Ratios 28
Currency Codes 30
Capital Market Ratios 30
Equity Ratios 31
Profitability Ratios 31
Cost Ratios 32
Liquidity Ratios 32
Leverage Ratios 33
Efficiency Ratios 33
List Of Figures
Sonus Networks, Inc., Performance Chart (2010 - 2014) 27
Sonus Networks, Inc., Ratio Charts 29