VeriSign, Inc. (VRSN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
VeriSign, Inc. (VeriSign) is a provider of domain name registry services and infrastructure assurance services. It offers registry services and security services. Its registry services include operation of the authoritative directory of all .com, .net, .cc, .tv, and .name domain names, among others; and the back-end systems for all .jobs, .gov and .edu domain names, among others. The companys security services include provision of infrastructure assurance to organizations through Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection services, Managed Domain Name System (Managed DNS) services, and Verisign iDefense security intelligence services (iDefense). The company and its subsidiaries cater to customers in the US, Canada, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA); and Australia, China, India, and other Asia Pacific countries (APAC). VeriSign is headquartered in Virginia, the US.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
VeriSign, Inc. - Key Facts 6
VeriSign, Inc. - Key Employees 7
VeriSign, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies 8
VeriSign, Inc. - Major Products and Services 9
VeriSign, Inc. - History 10
VeriSign, Inc. - Company Statement 13
VeriSign, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries 16
Head Office 16
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 16
Section 2 Company Analysis 18
VeriSign, Inc. - Business Description 18
VeriSign, Inc. - Corporate Strategy 19
VeriSign, Inc. - SWOT Analysis 20
SWOT Analysis - Overview 20
VeriSign, Inc. - Strengths 20
Strength - Unique Offerings 20
Strength - Strong Research & Development capabilities 20
Strength - Operational Performance 20
VeriSign, Inc. - Weaknesses 21
Weakness - Involvement in Lawsuits 21
VeriSign, Inc. - Opportunities 22
Opportunity - Increasing Online Threats 22
Opportunity - Growth in Domain Names 22
Opportunity - Growing DDoS attacks 22
VeriSign, Inc. - Threats 23
Threat - Stringent Regulations 23
Threat - Changing Technologies 23
Threat - Stiff Competition 23
VeriSign, Inc. - Key Competitors 24
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 26
Performance Chart 27
Financial Performance 27
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 28
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 29
Section 4 Appendix 30
Ratio Definitions 30
About GlobalData 34
Contact Us 34
List Of Tables
VeriSign, Inc., Key Facts 6
VeriSign, Inc., Key Employees 7
VeriSign, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
VeriSign, Inc., Major Products and Services 9
VeriSign, Inc., History 10
VeriSign, Inc., Other Locations 16
VeriSign, Inc., Subsidiaries 16
VeriSign, Inc., Key Competitors 24
VeriSign, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 25
VeriSign, Inc., Annual Ratios 26
VeriSign, Inc., Interim Ratios 28
Currency Codes 30
Capital Market Ratios 30
Equity Ratios 31
Profitability Ratios 31
Cost Ratios 32
Liquidity Ratios 32
Leverage Ratios 33
Efficiency Ratios 33
List Of Figures
VeriSign, Inc., Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 27
VeriSign, Inc., Ratio Charts 29