Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS) is an information technology (IT) company. Its service offerings consist of IT infrastructure services, engineering and industrial services, business intelligence, business process outsourcing and consulting services, cloud services, assurance services, enterprise solutions and asset-leveraged solutions. The company offers business solutions to various industries including banking, financial services, telecom, insurance, medical and information services, retail and consumer packaged goods, manufacturing, construction, metals and mining, energy and utilities, life sciences, healthcare, travel, transportation and hospitality, and others. Its software products comprise TCS BaNCS, TCS MasterCraft, and Technology products. Together with its subsidiaries and regional offices, it operates in South America, North America, Europe, India, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa. TCS is headquartered in Mumbai, India.
The company's strategy is to extend the core IT services business by expanding its geographic reach, industry coverage and service capabilities and by deepening existing client relationships. In line with its strategy, in September 2014, the SMU-TCS iCity Lab (iCity Lab), a Singapore Management University (SMU) and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) extended its partnership for another three years to carry out a number of research initiatives and projects.
Tata Consultancy Services Limited Key Recent Developments
Nov 28, 2013: npower targets customer service improvements with proposed restructure
Feb 14, 2013: JSPL Intends To Construct 2,640 MW Thermal Power Project In Jharkhand, India
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Tata Consultancy Services Limited - Key Facts 6
Tata Consultancy Services Limited - Key Employees 7
Tata Consultancy Services Limited - Key Employee Biographies 8
Tata Consultancy Services Limited - Major Products and Services 9
Tata Consultancy Services Limited - History 11
Tata Consultancy Services Limited - Company Statement 23
Tata Consultancy Services Limited - Locations And Subsidiaries 25
Head Office 25
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 25
Section 2 Company Analysis 30
Tata Consultancy Services Limited - Business Description 30
Tata Consultancy Services Limited - Corporate Strategy 32
Tata Consultancy Services Limited - SWOT Analysis 33
SWOT Analysis - Overview 33
Tata Consultancy Services Limited - Strengths 33
Strength - Extensive Range of Offerings 33
Strength - Global Market Presence 33
Strength - Robust Research and Development Activities 34
Tata Consultancy Services Limited - Weaknesses 35
Weakness - Contract Breach Issues 35
Tata Consultancy Services Limited - Opportunities 36
Opportunity - Growing IT Services Market 36
Opportunity - Significant New Contracts 36
Opportunity - Strategic Initiatives 36
Tata Consultancy Services Limited - Threats 38
Threat - Intense Competition 38
Threat - Rising Employee Attrition 38
Threat - Increasing IT complexity 38
Tata Consultancy Services Limited - Key Competitors 39
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 40
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 40
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 41
Performance Chart 43
Financial Performance 43
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 44
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 45
Section 4 Appendix 46
Ratio Definitions 46
About GlobalData 50
Contact Us 50
List Of Tables
Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Key Facts 6
Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Key Employees 7
Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Key Employee Biographies 8
Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Major Products and Services 9
Tata Consultancy Services Limited, History 11
Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Other Locations 25
Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Subsidiaries 27
Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Key Competitors 39
Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Ratios based on current share price 40
Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Annual Ratios 41
Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Interim Ratios 44
Currency Codes 46
Capital Market Ratios 46
Equity Ratios 47
Profitability Ratios 47
Cost Ratios 48
Liquidity Ratios 48
Leverage Ratios 49
Efficiency Ratios 49
List Of Figures
List of Figures
Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Performance Chart (2010 - 2014) 43
Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Ratio Charts 45
Tata Steel Europe Limited - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the companys structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product
Tata Advanced Systems Limited - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the companys structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product
Notes:Production, means the output of Metatartaric AcidRevenue, means the sales value of Metatartaric AcidThis report studies Metatartaric Acid in Global market, especially in North America, Europe, China, Japan, Southeast Asia
Tata Consultancy Services Limited - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the companys structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product
Tata Consultancy Services Limited Company Profile is a complete analysis of the companys operations, strategies, outlook and historic performance. The research work analyzes key strategies in current market conditions,
ICD Researchs Tata Consultancy Services Limited : Technology and Communications - Company Profile, SWOT and Financial Analysis contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The