The consumer payments market in Italy is in many ways out of step with the rest of Western Europe. It has a comparatively low penetration of payment cards, although it also has the largest point of sale (POS) terminal network of any country in the region.
- Debit cards are the most popular card type by far, but cash remains the most popular payment tool in stores for most Italians.
- E-commerce accounts for the vast majority of online purchases by value in Italy, although m-commerce is expected to record a compound annual growth rate of 21% between 2015 and 2019.
- Regulatory changes have led to a rise in demand for affordable POS terminals, and the mobile POS market in particular is an area of significant opportunity for providers.
Verdict Financials “Consumer Payments Country Snapshot: Italy” examines the consumer payments market in Italy, considering payment cards, online payments, P2P payments, and newer payment technologies such as mobile wallets and contactless. This report also examines the regulations in force in the market that players must comply with and how these have changed in recent years. Analyzes the major payment card types in terms of both card holding and usage.
- Identifies the major competitors in card issuing and how their position in the market has changed over the last five years.
- Considers consumer attitudes towards prepaid cards, P2P tools, mobile payment tools, and contactless cards, and how companies in Italy are deploying these tools to meet customer needs.
- Explores the online payment market in Italy by merchant type and payment tool, as well as providing a five-year forecast for the development of the market.
- Considers the regulations affecting the payments market and how they are likely to affect both incumbents and disruptors.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand the key facts and figures in the consumer payments market in Italy.
- Find out what products the major competitors are launching in the market and plan your strategy accordingly.
- Discover consumer sentiment towards various payment tools in the Italian market and use this knowledge to inform product design.
- Learn about the key regulatory requirements affecting Italian payments players and any recent or upcoming changes to those requirements.
PAYMENTS INFRASTRUCTURE and REGULATION
Notes:Sales, means the sales volume of Facial Recognition Biometrics in Consumer ElectronicsRevenue, means the sales value of Facial Recognition Biometrics in Consumer ElectronicsThis report studies sales (consumption) of Facial Recognition
USD 4000View Report
Notes:Production, means the output of Consumer Server-Based Storage System (NAS) Revenue, means the sales value of Consumer Server-Based Storage System (NAS) This report studies Consumer Server-Based Storage System (NAS)
USD 2900View Report
Notes:Sales, means the sales volume of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) PackagingRevenue, means the sales value of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) PackagingThis report studies sales (consumption) of Fast Moving
USD 3900View Report
The UAE market is defined by limited penetration of payment cards and a high reliance on cash among consumers. In spite of an increasing trend in the use of technology,
The Mexican cards market is generally underdeveloped. Despite a high penetration of pay-now cards, financial inclusion is incomplete and the market in general is heavily reliant on cash.
The Dutch payments market is highly mature, with consumers very comfortable using debit cards and online payment channels (especially local brand iDEAL, backed by wide acceptance and a
PDF FORMAT REPORTS will be delivered by email within 12 to 24 hours after placing the order (Mon-Fri IST)
|Published Date||:||Apr 2016|
|No. of Pages||:||32|
|Category||:||Finance and Banking|
|Report Delivery By||:|
|Report Delivery Time||:||12 to 24 hours after placing the order.|
If you do not find this specific report suitable to your exact needs then you can also opt for customized research report that will befit all your expectation. To specify your requirements CLICK HERE