The consumer payments market in Italy is in many ways out of step with the rest of Western Europe. It has a comparatively low penetration of payment cards, although it also has the largest point of sale (POS) terminal network of any country in the region.
- Debit cards are the most popular card type by far, but cash remains the most popular payment tool in stores for most Italians.
- E-commerce accounts for the vast majority of online purchases by value in Italy, although m-commerce is expected to record a compound annual growth rate of 21% between 2015 and 2019.
- Regulatory changes have led to a rise in demand for affordable POS terminals, and the mobile POS market in particular is an area of significant opportunity for providers.
Verdict Financials “Consumer Payments Country Snapshot: Italy” examines the consumer payments market in Italy, considering payment cards, online payments, P2P payments, and newer payment technologies such as mobile wallets and contactless. This report also examines the regulations in force in the market that players must comply with and how these have changed in recent years. Analyzes the major payment card types in terms of both card holding and usage.
- Identifies the major competitors in card issuing and how their position in the market has changed over the last five years.
- Considers consumer attitudes towards prepaid cards, P2P tools, mobile payment tools, and contactless cards, and how companies in Italy are deploying these tools to meet customer needs.
- Explores the online payment market in Italy by merchant type and payment tool, as well as providing a five-year forecast for the development of the market.
- Considers the regulations affecting the payments market and how they are likely to affect both incumbents and disruptors.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand the key facts and figures in the consumer payments market in Italy.
- Find out what products the major competitors are launching in the market and plan your strategy accordingly.
- Discover consumer sentiment towards various payment tools in the Italian market and use this knowledge to inform product design.
- Learn about the key regulatory requirements affecting Italian payments players and any recent or upcoming changes to those requirements.
PAYMENTS INFRASTRUCTURE and REGULATION
Consumer and Market Insights: Meat Market in the US provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving
USD 6320View Report
Consumer and Market Insights: Meat Market in China provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption.
USD 6320View Report
The Wine market in Brazil is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 3.8%, in value terms during 2015-2020. Among all categories, Still Wine category is expected to register the
USD 1272View Report
Sweden has the potential to become the worlds first cashless society. The use of cash is declining quickly in Sweden and over half of all bank branches no longer deal
The second largest consumer market globally, India remains a cash-driven economy. However, digital payments will see growth in the Indian market, and are forecast to overtake cash transactions by 2023.The
China represents a mature payment card market in Asia, with over 5 billion payment cards in issue. Despite a high card-per-customer ratio China is expected to see mild growth in
PDF FORMAT REPORTS will be delivered by email within 12 to 24 hours after placing the order (Mon-Fri IST)
|Published Date||:||Apr 2016|
|No. of Pages||:||32|
|Category||:||Finance and Banking|
|Report Delivery By||:|
|Report Delivery Time||:||12 to 24 hours after placing the order.|
If you do not find this specific report suitable to your exact needs then you can also opt for customized research report that will befit all your expectation. To specify your requirements CLICK HERE