Singapore has an advanced financial services market. Consumers are generally conservative in choosing a provider, with a bias towards those they perceive to offer financial stability and a longstanding reputation. Singaporean consumers prefer the branch for nearly all of their banking requirements. NPS scores are low across all four products compared with other markets in the region. Channel usage patterns indicate that Singaporean consumers are less engaged with their banks than consumers in other regional markets.
- Consumers in Singapore place a high value on trust in relationships with financial services providers, which also heavily influences their choice of provider. Advocacy among consumers is low and Singaporeans are not likely to pay much attention to recommendations when deciding on a provider or product.
- Singaporeans have a high propensity to save, but unlike consumers in other markets are not inclined to choose their existing current account provider for their savings account. Mortgage product features commonly included payment holidays and the ability to offset against savings, reflecting socio-cultural attitudes of self-reliance and individual responsibility and the high level of saving among consumers.
- In general Singaporeans often prefer to use local financial services providers, which is an impediment for foreign banks. However, loans are the only product where Singaporeans are not concerned about the origin of the provider. This is evident from the fact that Citibank holds 11% of loans that are issued by traditional banks with a branch presence.
Verdict Financials Retail Banking Market Insights: Country Snapshot Singapore is a review of the retail banking sector in Singapore, with a particular focus on the current account, savings, mortgage, and personal loan markets. It includes both market-level data and insight from our global consumer survey.
- Overview of Singapores banking sector
- Insight into consumer preferences in Singapore and the reasons for taking out financial products and how this has evolved in recent years.
- Understanding around the main providers dominating the current account, savings, mortgage, and loan markets and the different factors persuading customers to choose them
- Examination of the extent to which consumers are using online and mobile channels to research, take out, and use their financial products.
Reasons To Buy
- Futureproof your strategy with market sizing, forecasts, and analysis of key developments currently affecting Singapores retail banking sector.
- Target consumers with inside knowledge of their true behaviors and attitudes, with detailed analysis from our proprietary insight.
- Learn about the impact new entrants and distribution channels will have on the market.
BANK INFRASTRUCTURE and REGULATION
SynopsisTimetrics Retail Buildings Construction in Switzerland to 2020: Market Databook contains detailed historic and forecast market value data for the retail buildings construction industry, including a breakdown of the data
SynopsisTimetrics Retail Buildings Construction in Colombia to 2020: Market Databook contains detailed historic and forecast market value data for the retail buildings construction industry, including a breakdown of the data
SynopsisTimetrics Retail Buildings Construction in Finland to 2020: Market Databook contains detailed historic and forecast market value data for the retail buildings construction industry, including a breakdown of the data
Several trends will drive developments in retail banking in 2017, including factors as diverse as changes to the regulatory environment, the emergence of artificial intelligence, and the long-awaited entry of
USD 5250View Report
Retail Banking Country Snapshot: Italy 2016Summary The market for financial products in Italy is less concentrated than in other countries. With the e
USD 3450View Report
Danske Bank and Nordea are the leading providers in the current account and savings account markets, with Nykredit dominating the provision of mortgages. Although branches remain the most important channel
USD 3450View Report
PDF FORMAT REPORTS will be delivered by email within 12 to 24 hours after placing the order (Mon-Fri IST)
|Published Date||:||Jan 2016|
|No. of Pages||:||45|
|Category||:||Finance and Banking|
|Report Delivery By||:|
|Report Delivery Time||:||12 to 24 hours after placing the order.|
If you do not find this specific report suitable to your exact needs then you can also opt for customized research report that will befit all your expectation. To specify your requirements CLICK HERE