Qatargas Operating Company Limited - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the companys history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the companys key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy GlobalDatas summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Qatargas Operating Company Limited (Qatargas) is a producer and supplier of liquefied natural gas (LNG). The company refines crude oil and produces LNG from its gasification terminals. It also produces liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), helium, sulphur and condensate (treated field and plant). Qatargas operates four major LNG projects, namely, Qatargas 1, Qatargas 2, Qatargas 3 and Qatargas 4. It is the major LNG-producing company in the world, with an annual production capacity of 42 million tonnes per annum (MMtpa). The company operates through seven LNG trains, out of which four trains are the largest in the world with a production capacity of 7.8 million tonnes per annum (MTA) each. It also operates Laffan Refinery. The company exports its products to Europe, Asia, Middle East, North and South American markets. Qatargas is a part of Qatar Petroleum. Qatargas is headquartered in Doha, Qatar.
Qatargas Operating Company Limited Key Recent Developments
Nov 19, 2013: Qatargas Delivers LNG Cargo To Tangshan Terminal In China
Nov 06, 2013: Centrica signs a 4.4bn gas deal with Qatar to secure further LNG supplies for the UK
Oct 29, 2013: CNOOC's Zhuhai LNG Terminal Receives First Cargo From Qatargas
Oct 08, 2013: Kentz awarded TSS contract for the Qatargas Laffan Refinery in Qatar
Jul 21, 2013: Qatargas sells first LNG cargo to Malaysia
Reasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this reports analysis of the companys business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies with GlobalDatas detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the companys core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this reports detailed insight into the companys strategic, business and operational performance.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
List of Tables 4
Section 1 - About the Company 5
Qatargas Operating Company Limited - Key Facts 5
Qatargas Operating Company Limited - Key Employees 6
Qatargas Operating Company Limited - Key Employee Biographies 7
Qatargas Operating Company Limited - Major Products and Services 8
Qatargas Operating Company Limited - History 9
Qatargas Operating Company Limited - Company Statement 14
Qatargas Operating Company Limited - Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Section 2 Company Analysis 16
Qatargas Operating Company Limited - Business Description 16
Qatargas Operating Company Limited - Corporate Strategy 17
Qatargas Operating Company Limited - SWOT Analysis 18
SWOT Analysis - Overview 18
Qatargas Operating Company Limited - Strengths 18
Strength - Market Leading Operation 18
Strength - LNG Terminal Base 18
Strength - Fleet Base 18
Qatargas Operating Company Limited - Weaknesses 19
Weakness - Higher Energy Consumption 19
Qatargas Operating Company Limited - Opportunities 20
Opportunity - Growing Regasification Capacity in Asia Pacific 20
Opportunity - Contracts and Agreements 20
Opportunity - Expansion Projects 20
Qatargas Operating Company Limited - Threats 21
Threat - Declining Oil Prices 21
Threat - Operational Risks 21
Qatargas Operating Company Limited - Key Competitors 22
Section 3 Companys Recent Developments 23
Dec 10, 2014: PGNiG And Qatargas Sign Memorandum Of Understanding For Te LNG Supplies Contract 23
Dec 09, 2014: PGNiG And Qatargas Reach Deal To Amend Long Term LNG Contract 24
Nov 09, 2014: Qatargas Announces Successful Start-Up Of Jetty Boil-Off Gas Recovery Project 25
Nov 05, 2014: Qatargas: Laffan Refinery 2 Project Achieves 5 Million Man-Hours Without A Lost Time Incident 26
Oct 29, 2014: Qatargas: The first Q-Max Vessel LNG Delivery To Dubai From Qatar 27
Oct 26, 2014: Qatargas sells its first cargo of LNG to JOVO, an independent LNG importer from the Peoples Republic of China 28
Oct 20, 2014: Qatargas celebrates 5000th loading by Ras Laffan Terminal Operations 29
Oct 14, 2014: Qatargas announces successful start-up of Plateau Maintenance Project 30
Aug 18, 2014: Qatargas delivers a commissioning cargo to Hainan LNG Terminal in the Peoples Republic of China 31
Jul 23, 2014: Xodus Group wins vibration engineering contract from Qatargas 32
Section 4 Appendix 33
About GlobalData 33
Contact Us 33
List Of Tables
Qatargas Operating Company Limited, Key Facts 5
Qatargas Operating Company Limited, Key Employees 6
Qatargas Operating Company Limited, Key Employee Biographies 7
Qatargas Operating Company Limited, Major Products and Services 8
Qatargas Operating Company Limited, History 9
Qatargas Operating Company Limited, Other Locations 15
Qatargas Operating Company Limited, Key Competitors 22