Weyerhaeuser Company (WY) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Weyerhaeuser Company (Weyerhaeuser) is a manufacturer of wood and specialty cellulose fibers products. It is a private owner of timberlands and a real estate investment trust (REIT). The company grows and harvests trees, builds homes, and manufactures forest products worldwide. Key products offered by the company include structural lumber, engineered solid section, engineered I-joists, oriented strand board, softwood plywood and hardwood lumber. Weyerhaeuser sells it wood product to new residential building and repair remodel markets. The company has operations in North Carolina, Georgia, Mississippi, Alberta, Poland and Washington. The companys business segment includes Timberlands, Wood Products and Cellulose fiber. Weyerhaeuser is headquartered in Federal Way, the US.
Weyerhaeuser Company Key Recent Developments
Apr 08, 2016: Weyerhaeuser Names Jim Kilberg Senior Vice President, Real Estate, Energy, and Natural Resources
Oct 30, 2015: Weyerhaeuser Reports Third Quarter Results
Jul 31, 2015: Weyerhaeuser Reports Second Quarter Results
May 01, 2015: Weyerhaeuser Reports First Quarter Results
Jan 30, 2015: Weyerhaeuser Reports Fourth Quarter, Full Year Results
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Weyerhaeuser Company - Key Facts 6
Weyerhaeuser Company - Key Employees 7
Weyerhaeuser Company - Key Employee Biographies 8
Weyerhaeuser Company - Major Products and Services 9
Weyerhaeuser Company - History 10
Weyerhaeuser Company - Company Statement 13
Weyerhaeuser Company - Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Section 2 Company Analysis 17
Weyerhaeuser Company - Business Description 17
Weyerhaeuser Company - Corporate Strategy 18
Weyerhaeuser Company - SWOT Analysis 19
SWOT Analysis - Overview 19
Weyerhaeuser Company - Strengths 19
Strength - Research and Development Activities 19
Strength - Core Business: Wood Products 19
Weyerhaeuser Company - Weaknesses 20
Weakness - Higher Cost Structure 20
Weyerhaeuser Company - Opportunities 21
Opportunity - Global Expansion 21
Opportunity - US Construction Industry 21
Weyerhaeuser Company - Threats 22
Threat - Third Party Transportation Services 22
Threat - Product Substitution 22
Threat - Stringent Regulations 22
Weyerhaeuser Company - Key Competitors 23
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 24
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 24
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 25
Performance Chart 27
Financial Performance 27
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 28
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 29
Weyerhaeuser Company, Recent Deals Summary 30
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 31
Apr 08, 2016: Weyerhaeuser Names Jim Kilberg Senior Vice President, Real Estate, Energy, and Natural Resources 31
Oct 30, 2015: Weyerhaeuser Reports Third Quarter Results 32
Jul 31, 2015: Weyerhaeuser Reports Second Quarter Results 33
May 01, 2015: Weyerhaeuser Reports First Quarter Results 34
Jan 30, 2015: Weyerhaeuser Reports Fourth Quarter, Full Year Results 35
Jan 30, 2015: Weyerhaeuser Announces Election Of David Bozeman To Board Of Directors 36
Section 5 Appendix 37
Ratio Definitions 37
About GlobalData 41
Contact Us 41
List Of Tables
List of Tables
Weyerhaeuser Company, Key Facts 6
Weyerhaeuser Company, Key Employees 7
Weyerhaeuser Company, Key Employee Biographies 8
Weyerhaeuser Company, Major Products and Services 9
Weyerhaeuser Company, History 10
Weyerhaeuser Company, Subsidiaries 15
Weyerhaeuser Company, Key Competitors 23
Weyerhaeuser Company, Ratios based on current share price 24
Weyerhaeuser Company, Annual Ratios 25
Weyerhaeuser Company, Interim Ratios 28
Weyerhaeuser Company, Recent Deals Summary 30
Currency Codes 37
Capital Market Ratios 37
Equity Ratios 38
Profitability Ratios 38
Cost Ratios 39
Liquidity Ratios 39
Leverage Ratios 40
Efficiency Ratios 40
List Of Figures
List of Figures
Weyerhaeuser Company, Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 27
Weyerhaeuser Company, Ratio Charts 29