USG Corporation (USG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
USG Corporation (USG) is a manufacturer and distributor of building materials. The company produces gypsum and related products such as gypsum wallboard, joint treatments and textures, cement board, gypsum fiber panels, plaster and industrial gypsum products. These products are used in residential, new non-residential, repair, remodel construction and for industrial processes. It distributes gypsum products through its own locations, building materials dealers, specialty wallboard distributors, home improvement centers and other retailers and contractors. USG owns a number of manufacturing plants, mines, quarries, transport ships and other facilities in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific. The company operates in the US, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Latin America, and Asia-Pacific. USG is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, the US.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
USG Corporation - Key Facts 6
USG Corporation - Key Employees 7
USG Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 8
USG Corporation - Major Products and Services 9
USG Corporation - History 11
USG Corporation - Company Statement 13
USG Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Joint Venture 17
Section 2 Company Analysis 18
USG Corporation - Business Description 18
USG Corporation - Corporate Strategy 19
USG Corporation - SWOT Analysis 20
SWOT Analysis - Overview 20
USG Corporation - Strengths 20
Strength - Increased Sales from Distribution Segment 20
Strength - Operational Network 20
Strength - Market Leadership 20
USG Corporation - Weaknesses 21
Weakness - Ceilings Segment Records Decline 21
Weakness - Litigations 21
USG Corporation - Opportunities 22
Opportunity - Recovery in the US Construction Industry 22
Opportunity - Infrastructure Projects Worldwide 22
Opportunity - Market Prospects: Green Building 22
USG Corporation - Threats 23
Threat - Rise in Raw Material Prices 23
Threat - Stringent Regulations 23
Threat - Increasing Competitive Pressures 23
USG Corporation - Key Competitors 24
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 26
Performance Chart 28
Financial Performance 28
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 29
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 30
Section 4 Appendix 31
Ratio Definitions 31
About GlobalData 35
Contact Us 35
List Of Tables
List of Tables
USG Corporation, Key Facts 6
USG Corporation, Key Employees 7
USG Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 8
USG Corporation, Major Products and Services 9
USG Corporation, History 11
USG Corporation, Other Locations 15
USG Corporation, Subsidiaries 16
USG Corporation, Joint Venture 17
USG Corporation, Key Competitors 24
USG Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 25
USG Corporation, Annual Ratios 26
USG Corporation, Interim Ratios 29
Currency Codes 31
Capital Market Ratios 31
Equity Ratios 32
Profitability Ratios 32
Cost Ratios 33
Liquidity Ratios 33
Leverage Ratios 34
Efficiency Ratios 34
List Of Figures
List of Figures
USG Corporation, Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 28
USG Corporation, Ratio Charts 30
Musgrave Ltd is expected to consolidate its position as Irelands largest retailer. The company is set to continue its expansion across Ireland with investment in its supermarket format SuperValu including
Liebherr-Hausgerte intends to achieve organic growth in Austrias consumer appliances industry through long-term investment and strategic improvements to its product portfolio that respond to the latest consumer trends. At the
Musgrave Retail Partners is expected to continue to invest in its wholesale and foodservice distribution business, Musgrave Marketplace, in the coming years, as it looks to add strength and depth
USG Corporation - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the companys structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service