Canfor Corporation (CFP) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Canfor Corporation (Canfor) is an integrated forest products company that produces primarily softwood lumber. The company produces softwood lumber, oriented strand board (OSB), remanufactured and finger-jointed lumber products and specialized wood products for use as beams, headers, columns, and rim board applications in residential floor and roof systems. It also has paper and pulp operations, which are operated through its subsidiaries, Canfor Pulp Products Inc. (CPPI). Canfors lumber production facilities are located in British Columbia, Quebec, Alberta and the US. The companys has sales offices in Canada, the US, Japan, China and Seoul, South Korea. Canfor is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Canfor Corporation - Key Facts 6
Canfor Corporation - Key Employees 7
Canfor Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 8
Canfor Corporation - Major Products and Services 9
Canfor Corporation - History 10
Canfor Corporation - Company Statement 14
Canfor Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 16
Head Office 16
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 16
Joint Venture 17
Section 2 Company Analysis 19
Canfor Corporation - Business Description 19
Canfor Corporation - Corporate Strategy 20
Canfor Corporation - SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis - Overview 21
Canfor Corporation - Strengths 21
Strength - Efficient Business Model 21
Strength - Core Segment: Lumber 21
Strength - Dominant Position 21
Canfor Corporation - Weaknesses 22
Weakness - High Operating Costs 22
Canfor Corporation - Opportunities 23
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions 23
Opportunity - Global Packaging Industry 23
Canfor Corporation - Threats 24
Threat - Substitute Products 24
Threat - Price Risks 24
Threat - Intense Competition 24
Canfor Corporation - Key Competitors 25
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 29
Financial Performance 29
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 30
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 31
Section 4 Appendix 32
Ratio Definitions 32
About GlobalData 36
Contact Us 36
List Of Tables
List of Tables
Canfor Corporation, Key Facts 6
Canfor Corporation, Key Employees 7
Canfor Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 8
Canfor Corporation, Major Products and Services 9
Canfor Corporation, History 10
Canfor Corporation, Other Locations 16
Canfor Corporation, Subsidiaries 16
Canfor Corporation, Joint Venture 17
Canfor Corporation, Key Competitors 25
Canfor Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 26
Canfor Corporation, Annual Ratios 27
Canfor Corporation, Interim Ratios 30
Currency Codes 32
Capital Market Ratios 32
Equity Ratios 33
Profitability Ratios 33
Cost Ratios 34
Liquidity Ratios 34
Leverage Ratios 35
Efficiency Ratios 35
List Of Figures
List of Figures
Canfor Corporation, Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 29
Canfor Corporation, Ratio Charts 31