Aecon Group Inc. (ARE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Aecon Group Inc. (Aecon) is a construction and infrastructure development company. It constructs roads and highways, tunnels, hydroelectric power projects and dams, bridges, airports and marine facilities. The companys services include construction of heavy civil engineering projects, social infrastructure, pipe fabrication, module assembly, nuclear services, pipe fabrication, mine site infrastructure, turnkey mine installations, contract mining services, resource extraction, processing and reclamation services. It also offers engineering, procurement, maintenance and repair services. The company offers these services to private and public companies operating in power, oil & gas, mining and petrochemical industries. The company operates in Canada, the US and Ecuador. Aecon is headquartered in Toronto, Canada.
Aecon Group Inc. Key Recent Developments
Sep 26, 2016: BC Hydro announces shortlist for Site C generating station and spillways civil works
Jun 27, 2016: SNC-Lavalin joint venture awarded two nuclear services contracts
May 03, 2016: Aecon reports first quarter 2016 results including record backlog of $4.6 billion
Jan 11, 2016: SNC-Lavalin joint venture awarded $2.75 billion contract for execution phase of Darlington nuclear refurbishment project by Ontario Power Generation
Nov 11, 2015: Aecon Reports Third Quarter 2015 Results Including Record Backlog Of $3.4 Billion
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Aecon Group Inc. - Key Facts 6
Aecon Group Inc. - Key Employees 7
Aecon Group Inc. - Key Employee Biographies 8
Aecon Group Inc. - Major Products and Services 9
Aecon Group Inc. - History 10
Aecon Group Inc. - Company Statement 14
Aecon Group Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Joint Venture 17
Section 2 Company Analysis 18
Aecon Group Inc. - Business Description 18
Aecon Group Inc. - Corporate Strategy 19
Aecon Group Inc. - SWOT Analysis 20
SWOT Analysis - Overview 20
Aecon Group Inc. - Strengths 20
Aecon Group Inc. - Weaknesses 21
Aecon Group Inc. - Opportunities 22
Aecon Group Inc. - Threats 23
Aecon Group Inc. - Key Competitors 24
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 26
Performance Chart 28
Financial Performance 28
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 29
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 30
Aecon Group Inc., Recent Deals Summary 31
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 32
Sep 26, 2016: BC Hydro announces shortlist for Site C generating station and spillways civil works 32
Jun 27, 2016: SNC-Lavalin joint venture awarded two nuclear services contracts 33
May 03, 2016: Aecon reports first quarter 2016 results including record backlog of $4.6 billion 34
Jan 11, 2016: SNC-Lavalin joint venture awarded $2.75 billion contract for execution phase of Darlington nuclear refurbishment project by Ontario Power Generation 36
Nov 11, 2015: Aecon Reports Third Quarter 2015 Results Including Record Backlog Of $3.4 Billion 37
Sep 09, 2015: Aecon JV awarded $146 million power contract 41
Aug 10, 2015: Aecon Reports Revenue And Profit Growth In The Second Quarter Of 2015 42
May 25, 2015: Cape Sharp Tidal Partners Award First Contracts to Nova Scotian Companies 46
May 25, 2015: Aecon Group Inc. secures fabrication contract for OpenHydro 47
May 11, 2015: Aecon reports first quarter 2015 results 48
Section 5 Appendix 50
Ratio Definitions 50
About GlobalData 54
Contact Us 54
List Of Tables
Aecon Group Inc., Key Facts 6
Aecon Group Inc., Key Employees 7
Aecon Group Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
Aecon Group Inc., Major Products and Services 9
Aecon Group Inc., History 10
Aecon Group Inc., Other Locations 15
Aecon Group Inc., Subsidiaries 15
Aecon Group Inc., Joint Venture 17
Aecon Group Inc., Key Competitors 24
Aecon Group Inc., Ratios based on current share price 25
Aecon Group Inc., Annual Ratios 26
Aecon Group Inc. (Cont...1), Annual Ratios 27
Aecon Group Inc., Interim Ratios 29
Aecon Group Inc., Recent Deals Summary 31
Currency Codes 50
Capital Market Ratios 50
Equity Ratios 51
Profitability Ratios 51
Cost Ratios 52
Liquidity Ratios 52
Leverage Ratios 52
Efficiency Ratios 53
List Of Figures
Aecon Group Inc., Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 28
Aecon Group Inc., Ratio Charts 30