United States Steel Corporation (X) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
United States Steel Corporation (USSC) is an integrated steel producer of flat-rolled and tubular products. It produces and sells steel related products. The company uses iron ore and coke as the primary raw materials to produce and offer steel products, namely, flat-rolled and tubular. Its product flat- rolled product portfolio includes slabs, rounds, strip mill plates, sheets and tin mill products; and tubular products include steel casing and tubing, standard and line pipe and mechanical tubing products. USSC offers these products to various markets such as construction, automotive, energy and appliance markets, oil and gas and petrochemical industries. In addition, the company provides real estate operations and railroad services. USSC is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US.
United States Steel Corporation Key Recent Developments
Nov 23, 2015: United States Steel Announces Idling Of Granite City Works Operations
Jul 27, 2015: U. S. Steel Tubular Products Launches USS-LIBERTY TC
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
United States Steel Corporation - Key Facts 6
United States Steel Corporation - Key Employees 7
United States Steel Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 8
United States Steel Corporation - Major Products and Services 10
United States Steel Corporation - History 11
United States Steel Corporation - Company Statement 14
United States Steel Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 17
Head Office 17
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 17
Section 2 Company Analysis 19
United States Steel Corporation - Business Description 19
United States Steel Corporation - Corporate Strategy0
United States Steel Corporation - SWOT Analysis1
SWOT Analysis - Overview1
United States Steel Corporation - Strengths1
Strength - Production Capabilities1
Strength - Diverse End markets1
Strength - Focused Research and Development1
United States Steel Corporation - Weaknesses2
Weakness - Asbestos Litigation2
Weakness - Decline in Flat-rolled Products segment2
United States Steel Corporation - Opportunities3
Opportunity - Growing Demand for Steel3
Opportunity - Positive Outlook for Global Construction Industry3
Opportunity - Strategic Initiatives3
United States Steel Corporation - Threats4
Threat - Threat from Substitutes4
Threat - Competitive Environment4
Threat - Stringent Regulations4
United States Steel Corporation - Key Competitors5
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios6
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios6
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios7
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 30
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 31
United States Steel Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 32
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 33
Nov 23, 2015: United States Steel Announces Idling Of Granite City Works Operations 33
Jul 27, 2015: U. S. Steel Tubular Products Launches USS-LIBERTY TC 34
Section 5 Appendix 35
Ratio Definitions 35
About GlobalData 39
Contact Us 39
List Of Tables
List of Tables
United States Steel Corporation, Key Facts 6
United States Steel Corporation, Key Employees 7
United States Steel Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 8
United States Steel Corporation, Major Products and Services 10
United States Steel Corporation, History 11
United States Steel Corporation, Subsidiaries 17
United States Steel Corporation, Key Competitors 25
United States Steel Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 26
United States Steel Corporation, Annual Ratios 27
United States Steel Corporation, Interim Ratios 30
United States Steel Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 32
Currency Codes 35
Capital Market Ratios 35
Equity Ratios 36
Profitability Ratios 36
Cost Ratios 37
Liquidity Ratios 37
Leverage Ratios 38
Efficiency Ratios 38
List Of Figures
List of Figures
United States Steel Corporation, Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 29
United States Steel Corporation, Ratio Charts 31