Vulcan Materials Company (VMC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Vulcan Materials Company (Vulcan) is a producer of construction aggregates. It produces crushed stone, sand, gravel and aggregates based construction materials. The company offers products including asphalt paving materials such as asphalt cement, additives and modifiers; ready-mix concrete such as aggregates, cementitious binders and water; railroad ballast and other track materials; asphalt coating; recycled materials; and agricultural, chemical and industrial materials. These products are used for the construction of houses and apartments, roads, bridges and parking lots, schools and hospitals, commercial buildings and retail space, sewage systems, and airports and runways. Vulcan is headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, the US.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Vulcan Materials Company - Key Facts 6
Vulcan Materials Company - Key Employees 7
Vulcan Materials Company - Key Employee Biographies 9
Vulcan Materials Company - Major Products and Services 10
Vulcan Materials Company - History 11
Vulcan Materials Company - Company Statement 14
Vulcan Materials Company - Locations And Subsidiaries 16
Head Office 16
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 16
Section 2 Company Analysis 18
Vulcan Materials Company - Business Description 18
Vulcan Materials Company - Corporate Strategy 19
Vulcan Materials Company - SWOT Analysis0
SWOT Analysis - Overview0
Vulcan Materials Company - Strengths0
Strength - Dominant Position0
Strength - Core Segment: Aggregates0
Strength - Strong Operational Base0
Vulcan Materials Company - Weaknesses1
Weakness - Declining Performance of Concrete and Calcium Segments1
Weakness - Revenue Concentration1
Vulcan Materials Company - Opportunities2
Opportunity - Positive outlook for Mexican construction industry2
Opportunity - Growth Prospects: US construction industry2
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions2
Vulcan Materials Company - Threats3
Threat - Intense Competition3
Threat - Stringent regulations3
Threat - Cost Overruns3
Vulcan Materials Company - Key Competitors4
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios5
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios5
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios6
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios9
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 30
Section 4 Appendix 31
Ratio Definitions 31
About GlobalData 35
Contact Us 35
List Of Tables
List of Tables
Vulcan Materials Company, Key Facts 6
Vulcan Materials Company, Key Employees 7
Vulcan Materials Company, Key Employee Biographies 9
Vulcan Materials Company, Major Products and Services 10
Vulcan Materials Company, History 11
Vulcan Materials Company, Other Locations 16
Vulcan Materials Company, Subsidiaries 17
Vulcan Materials Company, Key Competitors 24
Vulcan Materials Company, Ratios based on current share price 25
Vulcan Materials Company, Annual Ratios 26
Vulcan Materials Company, Interim Ratios 29
Currency Codes 31
Capital Market Ratios 31
Equity Ratios 32
Profitability Ratios 32
Cost Ratios 33
Liquidity Ratios 33
Leverage Ratios 34
Efficiency Ratios 34
List Of Figures
List of Figures
Vulcan Materials Company, Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 28
Vulcan Materials Company, Ratio Charts 30
Synopsis Vulcan Promenade 23 Residential Development Washington contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives
Notes:Sales, means the sales volume of Rubber Vulcanizing AgentRevenue, means the sales value of Rubber Vulcanizing AgentThis report studies sales (consumption) of Rubber Vulcanizing Agent in Europe market, especially in
Notes:Sales, means the sales volume of Vulcanizing MachinesRevenue, means the sales value of Vulcanizing MachinesThis report studies sales (consumption) of Vulcanizing Machines in United States market, focuses on the top
Pacific Scientific Energetic Materials Company - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the companys structure, operation, SWOT analysis,
Vulcan Materials Company Company Profile is a complete analysis of the companys operations, strategies, outlook and historic performance. The research work analyzes key strategies in current market conditions, SWOT
Vulcan Materials Company - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the companys structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and