Colas SA (RE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Colas SA (Colas) is involved in the construction and maintenance of transport infrastructure and projects involved in urban development and recreational facilities. The companys business operations include construction and maintenance of highways, roads, runways, industrial platforms, ports, reserved-lane public transport (tramways and bus lanes), logistics hubs, bike paths, motor racing circuits, recreational facilities, environmental projects; civil engineering services; production and recycling of construction materials. It also operates specialized activities including railways, waterproofing, sales of refined products, road safety and signaling and networks. The company carries out its business activities in several countries across five continents. Colas is a subsidiary of Bouygues Group and is headquartered in Boulogne-Billancourt, France.
Colas SA Key Recent Developments
Jan 26, 2016: France proposes to lay 1,000km of road with solar panels
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Colas SA - Key Facts 6
Colas SA - Key Employees 7
Colas SA - Key Employee Biographies 8
Colas SA - Major Products and Services 9
Colas SA - History 10
Colas SA - Company Statement 12
Colas SA - Locations And Subsidiaries 13
Head Office 13
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 13
Joint Venture 14
Section 2 Company Analysis 15
Colas SA - Business Description 15
Colas SA - Corporate Strategy 16
Colas SA - SWOT Analysis 17
SWOT Analysis - Overview 17
Colas SA - Strengths 17
Strength - Dominant Position 17
Strength - Business Performance: Railway Business 17
Strength - Research and Development Activities 17
Colas SA - Weaknesses 18
Weakness - Declining Road Segment Sales 18
Weakness - Declining Revenue: France 18
Weakness - Accident Occurrences 18
Colas SA - Opportunities 19
Opportunity - Infrastructure Spending Worldwide 19
Opportunity - New Contracts 19
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions 19
Colas SA - Threats 20
Threat - Shrinking Supply of Skilled Craft Professionals 20
Threat - Rising Competition 20
Threat - Environmental Regulations 20
Colas SA - Key Competitors 21
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 22
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 22
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 23
Performance Chart 25
Financial Performance 25
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 27
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 28
Jan 26, 2016: France proposes to lay 1,000km of road with solar panels 28
Section 5 Appendix 29
Ratio Definitions 29
About GlobalData 33
Contact Us 33
List Of Tables
Colas SA, Key Facts 6
Colas SA, Key Employees 7
Colas SA, Key Employee Biographies 8
Colas SA, Major Products and Services 9
Colas SA, History 10
Colas SA, Subsidiaries 13
Colas SA, Joint Venture 14
Colas SA, Key Competitors 21
Colas SA, Ratios based on current share price 22
Colas SA, Annual Ratios 23
Colas SA, Interim Ratios 26
Currency Codes 29
Capital Market Ratios 29
Equity Ratios 30
Profitability Ratios 30
Cost Ratios 31
Liquidity Ratios 31
Leverage Ratios 32
Efficiency Ratios 32
List Of Figures
Colas SA, Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 25
Colas SA, Ratio Charts 27