Polimex-Mostostal SA (PXM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief Summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Polimex-Mostostal S.A. (Polimex-Mostostal) is an engineering and construction company. It provides general construction services to the power engineering, environmental protection, chemical, petrochemical, infrastructure and industrial sectors. The company offers construction, modernization, maintenance, diagnostic and technical inspection services to chemical plants, oil refineries and petrochemical plants. Polimex-Mostostal designs and manufactures steel structures and other products such as platform gratings, and provides hot dip galvanizing services. The company also manufactures, assembles and supplies transformers, boilers and steel structures. It provides turnkey solutions for the construction and implementation of industrial and power engineering projects; and services related to the construction, modernization and designing of roads and railways. The company operates in Poland, Italy, Ukraine, Romania and Russia through its subsidiaries. Polimex-Mostostal is headquartered in Warsaw, Poland.
Polimex-Mostostal SA Key Recent Developments
Aug 14, 2013: Rafako, Polimex-Mostostal and Mostostal Warszawa joins Alstom for Opole power plant in Poland
Jun 25, 2013: Hamon Wins Contract To Supply Two Electrostatic Precipitators For Kozienice Coal-fired Power Plant In Poland
Apr 05, 2013: PGE Cancels Coal-fired Power Project Worth $3.6 Billion In Poland
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Polimex-Mostostal SA - Key Facts 6
Polimex-Mostostal SA - Key Employees 7
Polimex-Mostostal SA - Key Employee Biographies 8
Polimex-Mostostal SA - Major Products and Services 9
Polimex-Mostostal SA - History 10
Polimex-Mostostal SA - Company Statement 13
Polimex-Mostostal SA - Locations And Subsidiaries 14
Head Office 14
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 14
Section 2 Company Analysis 17
Polimex-Mostostal SA - Business Description 17
Polimex-Mostostal SA - Corporate Strategy 19
Polimex-Mostostal SA - SWOT Analysis 20
SWOT Analysis - Overview 20
Polimex-Mostostal SA - Strengths 20
Strength - Strong Presence: Power Engineering Segment 20
Strength - Strong Market Position of Steel Business 20
Strength - Improved Solvency Position 20
Polimex-Mostostal SA - Weaknesses 21
Weakness - Operating Loss Carryforward 21
Weakness - Declining Performance of Major Segments 21
Polimex-Mostostal SA - Opportunities 22
Opportunity - Restructuring Initiatives 22
Opportunity - Trans-European Network Transport (TEN-T) 22
Opportunity - Positive Outlook for the Polish Construction Industry 22
Opportunity - Increasing Demand for Energy 22
Polimex-Mostostal SA - Threats 23
Threat - Intense Competition 23
Threat - Unpredictable Timing of Projects 23
Threat - Significant Skills Shortage in Europe 23
Threat - Cost Overruns 23
Polimex-Mostostal SA - Key Competitors 24
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 26
Performance Chart 28
Financial Performance 28
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 29
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 30
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 31
Jan 31, 2014: The General Contractor of units 5 and 6 in the Opole Power Plant receives a notice to proceed 31
Section 5 Appendix 32
Ratio Definitions 32
About GlobalData 36
Contact Us 36
List Of Tables
Polimex-Mostostal SA, Key Facts 6
Polimex-Mostostal SA, Key Employees 7
Polimex-Mostostal SA, Key Employee Biographies 8
Polimex-Mostostal SA, Major Products and Services 9
Polimex-Mostostal SA, History 10
Polimex-Mostostal SA, Other Locations 14
Polimex-Mostostal SA, Subsidiaries 15
Polimex-Mostostal SA, Key Competitors 24
Polimex-Mostostal SA, Ratios based on current share price 25
Polimex-Mostostal SA, Annual Ratios 26
Polimex-Mostostal SA, Interim Ratios 29
Currency Codes 32
Capital Market Ratios 32
Equity Ratios 33
Profitability Ratios 33
Cost Ratios 34
Liquidity Ratios 34
Leverage Ratios 35
Efficiency Ratios 35
List Of Figures
Polimex-Mostostal SA, Performance Chart (2010 - 2014) 28
Polimex-Mostostal SA, Ratio Charts 30