W. R. Grace & Co. (GRA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
W. R. Grace & Co. (Grace) is a specialty chemicals company. It carries out research and development, production, and distribution of specialty chemicals and materials. It is one of the leading producers of cracking catalysts. The product portfolio includes catalysts, silica-based engineered and specialty materials, sealants and coatings, specialty chemicals, additives and building materials. Its products are utilized in a range of commercial and residential construction, packaging industries, pharmaceutical and life sciences industries, petrochemical and bio- chemical industries. Geographically, the company operates across North America, Europe, Middle East Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America. Grace is headquartered in Maryland, the US.
W. R. Grace & Co. Key Recent Developments
Oct 22, 2015: Grace Reports Third Quarter 2015 Results
Sep 03, 2015: Grace To Provide Unipol PP Technology And Services To Hyosung In Seoul, Korea
Jul 29, 2015: Grace Reports Second Quarter 2015 Results
May 18, 2015: Grace And Chevron Joint Venture, ART, To Build World-Class Catalysts Plant At Graces Lake Charles, LA Site
Apr 27, 2015: Grace To Provide UNIPOL PP Technology And Services To Yunnan Yuntianhua PetroChemical In China
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
W. R. Grace & Co. - Key Facts 6
W. R. Grace & Co. - Key Employees 7
W. R. Grace & Co. - Key Employee Biographies 8
W. R. Grace & Co. - Major Products and Services 9
W. R. Grace & Co. - History 11
W. R. Grace & Co. - Company Statement 17
W. R. Grace & Co. - Locations And Subsidiaries 19
Head Office 19
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 19
Joint Venture 22
Section 2 Company Analysis 23
W. R. Grace & Co. - Business Description 23
W. R. Grace & Co. - Corporate Strategy 24
W. R. Grace & Co. - SWOT Analysis 25
SWOT Analysis - Overview 25
W. R. Grace & Co. - Strengths 25
Strength - Market Presence 25
Strength - Brand Portfolio 25
W. R. Grace & Co. - Weaknesses 26
Weakness - Declined Financial Performance 26
W. R. Grace & Co. - Opportunities 27
Opportunity - Positive Outlook for Sustainable Construction 27
Opportunity - Strategic Initiatives 27
Opportunity - Positive Outlook for US Chemical Industry 27
W. R. Grace & Co. - Threats 28
Threat - Challenge of Environmental Regulations 28
Threat - Competitive Pressure 28
Threat - Fluctuations in Prices of Raw Materials 28
W. R. Grace & Co. - Key Competitors 29
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 30
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 30
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 31
Performance Chart 33
Financial Performance 33
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 34
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 35
W. R. Grace & Co., Recent Deals Summary 36
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 37
Oct 22, 2015: Grace Reports Third Quarter 2015 Results 37
Sep 03, 2015: Grace To Provide Unipol PP Technology And Services To Hyosung In Seoul, Korea 41
Jul 29, 2015: Grace Reports Second Quarter 2015 Results 42
May 18, 2015: Grace And Chevron Joint Venture, ART, To Build World-Class Catalysts Plant At Graces Lake Charles, LA Site 45
Apr 27, 2015: Grace To Provide UNIPOL PP Technology And Services To Yunnan Yuntianhua PetroChemical In China 46
Apr 23, 2015: Grace Reports First Quarter 2015 Results 47
Feb 05, 2015: Grace Reports Fourth Quarter And Full-Year 2014 Results 50
Jan 23, 2015: Cummings, Gulyas Elected To Grace Board Of Directors 53
Jan 08, 2015: Elizabeth Brown Appointed Chief Human Resources Officer For W. R. Grace 54
Section 5 Appendix 55
Ratio Definitions 55
About GlobalData 59
Contact Us 59
List Of Tables
W. R. Grace & Co., Key Facts 6
W. R. Grace & Co., Key Employees 7
W. R. Grace & Co., Key Employee Biographies 8
W. R. Grace & Co., Major Products and Services 9
W. R. Grace & Co., History 11
W. R. Grace & Co., Subsidiaries 19
W. R. Grace & Co., Joint Venture 22
W. R. Grace & Co., Key Competitors 29
W. R. Grace & Co., Ratios based on current share price 30
W. R. Grace & Co., Annual Ratios 31
W. R. Grace & Co., Interim Ratios 34
W. R. Grace & Co., Recent Deals Summary 36
Currency Codes 55
Capital Market Ratios 55
Equity Ratios 56
Profitability Ratios 56
Cost Ratios 57
Liquidity Ratios 57
Leverage Ratios 58
Efficiency Ratios 58
List Of Figures
W. R. Grace & Co., Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 33
W. R. Grace & Co., Ratio Charts 35