Balchem Corporation (BCPC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Balchem Corporation (Balchem) is a technology-based health and wellness company. It carries out the development, manufacture, and marketing of specialty performance ingredients and products. Its product portfolio includes encapsulated nutrients, choline chloride, organic trace minerals, methylamines and urea supplement. These products find application in food, pharmaceutical, nutritional, feed, medical sterilization, and industrial markets. Balchem has manufacturing facilities in Slate Hill, Green Pond, Verona, Salt Lake City, St. Gabriel and Covington in the US, and Marano Ticino in Italy. The company markets products through its direct sales force, independent distributors and sales agents. Balchem is headquartered in New Hampton, New York, the US.
Balchem Corporation Key Recent Developments
May 10, 2016: Balchem Reports Adjusted EBITDA Of $35.5 Million For First Quarter 2016
Feb 29, 2016: Balchem Reports Record Adjusted Earnings Per Share Of $2.51 For Full Year 2015; Fourth Quarter Adjusted Earnings Per Share Of $0.66
Nov 03, 2015: Balchem Announces Third Quarter 2015 Results
Sep 18, 2015: Balchem Announces The Addition Of New Director
Aug 11, 2015: Balchem Announces Dino Rossi To Transition To Non-Executive Chairman
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Balchem Corporation - Key Facts 6
Balchem Corporation - Key Employees 7
Balchem Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 8
Balchem Corporation - Major Products and Services 9
Balchem Corporation - History 10
Balchem Corporation - Company Statement 12
Balchem Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 14
Head Office 14
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 14
Section 2 Company Analysis 15
Balchem Corporation - Business Description 15
Balchem Corporation - Corporate Strategy 16
Balchem Corporation - SWOT Analysis 17
SWOT Analysis - Overview 17
Balchem Corporation - Strengths 17
Strength - Unique Product Offerings 17
Strength - Technology Portfolio 17
Strength - High Liquidity 17
Balchem Corporation - Weaknesses 18
Weakness - Business Performance: Industrial Products segment 18
Balchem Corporation - Opportunities 19
Opportunity - Agreement with BASF 19
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions 19
Opportunity - Growing Demand: Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Sectors 19
Balchem Corporation - Threats 20
Threat - Highly Competitive Market 20
Threat - Operational Risks 20
Threat - Stringent Regulatory Environment 20
Balchem Corporation - Key Competitors 21
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 22
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 22
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 23
Performance Chart 25
Financial Performance 25
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 27
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 28
May 10, 2016: Balchem Reports Adjusted EBITDA Of $35.5 Million For First Quarter 2016 28
Feb 29, 2016: Balchem Reports Record Adjusted Earnings Per Share Of $2.51 For Full Year 2015; Fourth Quarter Adjusted Earnings Per Share Of $0.66 30
Nov 03, 2015: Balchem Announces Third Quarter 2015 Results 32
Sep 18, 2015: Balchem Announces The Addition Of New Director 34
Aug 11, 2015: Balchem Announces Dino Rossi To Transition To Non-Executive Chairman 35
Aug 04, 2015: Balchem Announces Second Quarter 2015 Results 36
Apr 22, 2015: Balchem Appoints Theodore Harris President And Chief Executive Officer 38
Feb 24, 2015: Balchem Announces Fourth Quarter 2014 Results 39
Section 5 Appendix 41
Ratio Definitions 41
About GlobalData 45
Contact Us 45
List Of Tables
Balchem Corporation, Key Facts 6
Balchem Corporation, Key Employees 7
Balchem Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 8
Balchem Corporation, Major Products and Services 9
Balchem Corporation, History 10
Balchem Corporation, Subsidiaries 14
Balchem Corporation, Key Competitors 21
Balchem Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 22
Balchem Corporation, Annual Ratios 23
Balchem Corporation, Interim Ratios 26
Currency Codes 41
Capital Market Ratios 41
Equity Ratios 42
Profitability Ratios 42
Cost Ratios 43
Liquidity Ratios 43
Leverage Ratios 44
Efficiency Ratios 44
List Of Figures
Balchem Corporation, Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 25
Balchem Corporation, Ratio Charts 27