Velocys Plc (VLS) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Velocys Plc (Velocys) is a developer of small scale GTL technology. It designs and develops technology for the production of liquid fuel such as synthetic diesel and jet fuel from both conventional fossil fuels and renewable sources such as bio-waste. The company sells reactors, provides licenses for the use of reactor and catalyst technology, and secures fees for engineering and support services. Apart from providing GTL technology, it also develops GTL projects. Velocys has a commercial center in Texas, the US; and technical facilities in the UK and Ohio, the US. The company has operational presence in Europe, Americas, and Asia Pacific regions. Velocys is headquartered in Abingdon, the UK.
Velocys Plc Key Recent Developments
Apr 27, 2016: Velocys Final Results For The Year Ended 31 December 2015
Jan 06, 2016: Velocys: Appointment Of David Pummell As CEO
Dec 09, 2015: Appointment of Non-executive Director: Velocys plc
Nov 24, 2015: Directorate change: Velocys plc
Sep 30, 2015: Velocys plc: Interim results for the period ended 30th June 2015
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Velocys Plc - Key Facts 6
Velocys Plc - Key Employees 7
Velocys Plc - Key Employee Biographies 8
Velocys Plc - Major Products and Services 9
Velocys Plc - History 10
Velocys Plc - Company Statement 14
Velocys Plc - Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Joint Venture 16
Section 2 Company Analysis 17
Velocys Plc - Business Description 17
Velocys Plc - Corporate Strategy 18
Velocys Plc - SWOT Analysis 19
SWOT Analysis - Overview 19
Velocys Plc - Strengths 19
Strength - Leading Small Scale GTL Technology Provider 19
Strength - Substantial Cash Reserves 19
Strength - Focused R&D activities 19
Velocys Plc - Weaknesses 20
Weakness - Higher Operating Costs 20
Velocys Plc - Opportunities 21
Opportunity - Positive Legal Proceedings Outcomes 21
Opportunity - Projects in Pipeline 21
Opportunity - Increasing Demand: Oil & Petroleum Products 21
Velocys Plc - Threats 22
Threat - Lower Oil Price Scenario 22
Threat - Environmental Regulations 22
Threat - Dependence on Third Party Manufacturers 22
Velocys Plc - Key Competitors 23
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 24
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 24
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 25
Performance Chart 26
Financial Performance 26
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 27
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 28
Velocys Plc, Recent Deals Summary 29
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 30
Apr 27, 2016: Velocys Final Results For The Year Ended 31 December 2015 30
Jan 06, 2016: Velocys: Appointment Of David Pummell As CEO 36
Dec 09, 2015: Appointment of Non-executive Director: Velocys plc 37
Nov 24, 2015: Directorate change: Velocys plc 38
Sep 30, 2015: Velocys plc: Interim results for the period ended 30th June 2015 39
Sep 30, 2015: Velocys plc: Appointment of Non-executive Director 40
Sep 23, 2015: Settlement of US IP infringement case 41
Sep 02, 2015: Manufacture of reactors and catalyst complete 42
Aug 11, 2015: Velocys: Directorate Change 43
Aug 11, 2015: Velocys: Directorate Change 44
Section 5 Appendix 45
Ratio Definitions 45
About GlobalData 49
Contact Us 49
List Of Tables
Velocys Plc, Key Facts 6
Velocys Plc, Key Employees 7
Velocys Plc, Key Employee Biographies 8
Velocys Plc, Major Products and Services 9
Velocys Plc, History 10
Velocys Plc, Other Locations 15
Velocys Plc, Subsidiaries 15
Velocys Plc, Joint Venture 16
Velocys Plc, Key Competitors 23
Velocys Plc, Ratios based on current share price 24
Velocys Plc, Annual Ratios 25
Velocys Plc, Interim Ratios 27
Velocys Plc, Recent Deals Summary 29
Currency Codes 45
Capital Market Ratios 45
Equity Ratios 46
Profitability Ratios 46
Cost Ratios 47
Liquidity Ratios 47
Leverage Ratios 48
Efficiency Ratios 48
List Of Figures
Velocys Plc, Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 26
Velocys Plc, Ratio Charts 28