Sensient Technologies Corporation (SXT) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Sensient Technologies Corporation (Sensient) is a specialty chemical company that manufactures and supplies flavors, fragrances and colors across the world. The company offers wide range of products that includes customized food and beverage systems; pharmaceutical colors, coatings and excipients; cosmetic color and ingredient systems; household and industrial product formulations; digital inks; and other specialty colors and chemicals. Sensient uses advanced technologies at its facilities around the world to produce a wide range of innovative products. The company supplies its products to major international manufacturers. Geographically it operates in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North and America through its subsidiaries. Sensient is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, the US.
In May, 2015, Sensient signed an agreement to acquire the assets of Xennia Technology Ltd., a UK manufacturer of specialty inks used in digital printing, to expand its product offering and improve its access to important customers and markets for inks business.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Sensient Technologies Corporation - Key Facts 6
Sensient Technologies Corporation - Key Employees 7
Sensient Technologies Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 8
Sensient Technologies Corporation - Major Products and Services 9
Sensient Technologies Corporation - History 12
Sensient Technologies Corporation - Company Statement 15
Sensient Technologies Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 17
Head Office 17
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 17
Section 2 Company Analysis 19
Sensient Technologies Corporation - Business Description 19
Sensient Technologies Corporation - Corporate Strategy 20
Sensient Technologies Corporation - SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis - Overview 21
Sensient Technologies Corporation - Strengths 21
Strength - Focused Research and Development Activities 21
Strength - Increased Sale of Color Group 21
Strength - Operational Network 21
Sensient Technologies Corporation - Weaknesses 22
Weakness - High Cost Structure 22
Sensient Technologies Corporation - Opportunities 23
Opportunity - New Product Launches 23
Opportunity - Expansion Initiatives 23
Opportunity - Strategic Agreement 23
Sensient Technologies Corporation - Threats 24
Threat - Business Risk 24
Threat - Intense Competition 24
Threat - Stringent Environmental Regulations 24
Sensient Technologies Corporation - Key Competitors 25
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 29
Financial Performance 29
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 30
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 31
Sensient Technologies Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 32
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 33
Oct 23, 2014: Sensient Technologies Reports Results for the Quarter Ended September 30, 2014 33
Jul 24, 2014: Sensient Technologies Reports Results for the Quarter Ended June 30, 2014 35
Jul 24, 2014: Sensient Declares Dividend 36
Section 5 Appendix 37
Ratio Definitions 37
About GlobalData 41
Contact Us 41
List Of Tables
Sensient Technologies Corporation, Key Facts 6
Sensient Technologies Corporation, Key Employees 7
Sensient Technologies Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 8
Sensient Technologies Corporation, Major Products and Services 9
Sensient Technologies Corporation, History 12
Sensient Technologies Corporation, Subsidiaries 17
Sensient Technologies Corporation, Key Competitors 25
Sensient Technologies Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 26
Sensient Technologies Corporation, Annual Ratios 27
Sensient Technologies Corporation, Interim Ratios 30
Sensient Technologies Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 32
Currency Codes 37
Capital Market Ratios 37
Equity Ratios 38
Profitability Ratios 38
Cost Ratios 39
Liquidity Ratios 39
Leverage Ratios 40
Efficiency Ratios 40
List Of Figures
Sensient Technologies Corporation, Performance Chart (2010 - 2014) 29
Sensient Technologies Corporation, Ratio Charts 31