Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd. (5301) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd. (Tokai Carbon) is a manufacturer of carbon and graphite products. The companys product portfolio includes carbon black, artificial graphite electrodes, fine carbon-products, friction materials, carbon brushes and impervious graphite, besides industrial furnaces and related products. These products are used in paints, mechanical parts, resin, printing ink, lubricants and heat resistant materials. The company offers its products to several industries such as rubber, tire, ceramic, construction and Automobiles. Geographically, the company operates its business in China, Germany, Italy, Japan, Sweden, the UK and the US through its subsidiaries. Tokai Carbon is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
The company plans to expand its carbon business. In line with this objective, In January, 2015, the company entered into an agreement with Schunk Nordiska AB to establish a joint venture for fine carbon business.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd. - Key Facts 6
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd. - Key Employees 7
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd. - Key Employee Biographies 8
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd. - Major Products and Services 9
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd. - History 10
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd. - Company Statement 13
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd. - Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Section 2 Company Analysis 18
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd. - Business Description 18
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd. - Corporate Strategy 19
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd. - SWOT Analysis 20
SWOT Analysis - Overview 20
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd. - Strengths 20
Strength - Focused Research and Development 20
Strength - Business Performance: Carbon Black 20
Strength - Business Performance: Carbon and Ceramics 20
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd. - Weaknesses 21
Weakness - Rising Debt Burden 21
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd. - Opportunities 22
Opportunity - Rising Demand for LED Products 22
Opportunity - Growth Opportunities in Emerging Markets 22
Opportunity - New Contracts and Agreements 22
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd. - Threats 23
Threat - Competitive Pressures 23
Threat - Increase in Raw Material Prices 23
Threat - Technological Changes in End Use Markets 23
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd. - Key Competitors 24
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 26
Performance Chart 28
Financial Performance 28
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 29
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 30
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd., Recent Deals Summary 31
Section 4 Appendix 32
Ratio Definitions 32
About GlobalData 36
Contact Us 36
List Of Tables
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd., Key Facts 6
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd., Key Employees 7
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd., Key Employee Biographies 8
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd., Major Products and Services 9
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd., History 10
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd., Other Locations 15
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd., Subsidiaries 16
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd., Key Competitors 24
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd., Ratios based on current share price 25
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd., Annual Ratios 26
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd., Interim Ratios 29
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd., Recent Deals Summary 31
Currency Codes 32
Capital Market Ratios 32
Equity Ratios 33
Profitability Ratios 33
Cost Ratios 34
Liquidity Ratios 34
Leverage Ratios 35
Efficiency Ratios 35
List Of Figures
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd., Performance Chart (2010 - 2014) 28
Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd., Ratio Charts 30