Hawkins, Inc. (HWKN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief Summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Hawkins, Inc. (Hawkins) is a chemical company that blends, manufactures and distributes specialty chemicals for various industries. The company conducts its business through two segments namely, Industrial and Water Treatment. The companys industrial chemicals are offered to agriculture, electronics, energy, food, pulp and paper, chemical processing, pharmaceutical, medical device and plating industries. The company also offers equipment, chemicals and solutions for municipal and industrial wastewater, potable water, industrial process water and non-residential swimming pool water. It also distributes bulk industrial chemicals and reagent grade laboratory chemicals. The company is a complete metal finishing distributor which serves the following industry, namely electroplating, anodizing, paint, powder coating and heat treating. Hawkins operates a fleet of trucks, trailers, tankers and tractors for the delivery of its products in the US. The company is headquartered in Minneapolis, the US.
Hawkins, Inc. Key Recent Developments
Jul 29, 2015: Hawkins Reports First Quarter Fiscal 2016 Results
Feb 03, 2015: Hawkins Reports Third Quarter Fiscal 2015 Results
Oct 30, 2013: Hawkins Reports second quarter, fiscal 2014 results
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Hawkins, Inc. - Key Facts 6
Hawkins, Inc. - Key Employees 7
Hawkins, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies 8
Hawkins, Inc. - Major Products and Services 9
Hawkins, Inc. - History 10
Hawkins, Inc. - Company Statement 12
Hawkins, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Section 2 Company Analysis 18
Hawkins, Inc. - Business Description 18
Hawkins, Inc. - Corporate Strategy 19
Hawkins, Inc. - SWOT Analysis 20
SWOT Analysis - Overview 20
Hawkins, Inc. - Strengths 20
Strength - Diversified Customer Base 20
Strength - Domestic Market Position 20
Strength - Strong Supply and Delivery Network 20
Hawkins, Inc. - Weaknesses 21
Weakness - Declined Liquidity 21
Hawkins, Inc. - Opportunities 22
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions 22
Opportunity - Positive Outlook for the US Chemical Industry 22
Opportunity - Growth Opportunities in Emerging Markets 22
Hawkins, Inc. - Threats 23
Threat - Competitive Pressure 23
Threat - Increased Raw Material Prices 23
Threat - Stringent Regulations 23
Hawkins, Inc. - Key Competitors 24
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 26
Performance Chart 28
Financial Performance 28
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 29
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 30
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 31
Jul 29, 2015: Hawkins Reports First Quarter Fiscal 2016 Results 31
Feb 03, 2015: Hawkins Reports Third Quarter Fiscal 2015 Results 32
Aug 06, 2014: Hawkins Reports First Quarter Fiscal 2015 Results 33
Feb 04, 2014: Hawkins reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results 34
Section 5 Appendix 36
Ratio Definitions 36
About GlobalData 40
Contact Us 40
List Of Tables
Hawkins, Inc., Key Facts 6
Hawkins, Inc., Key Employees 7
Hawkins, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
Hawkins, Inc., Major Products and Services 9
Hawkins, Inc., History 10
Hawkins, Inc., Other Locations 15
Hawkins, Inc., Subsidiaries 17
Hawkins, Inc., Key Competitors 24
Hawkins, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 25
Hawkins, Inc., Annual Ratios 26
Hawkins, Inc., Interim Ratios 29
Currency Codes 36
Capital Market Ratios 36
Equity Ratios 37
Profitability Ratios 37
Cost Ratios 38
Liquidity Ratios 38
Leverage Ratios 39
Efficiency Ratios 39
List Of Figures
Hawkins, Inc., Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 28
Hawkins, Inc., Ratio Charts 30