Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation (1326) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Formosa Chemicals & Fiber Corporation (FCFC) is a petrochemical company, which manufactures and sells petrochemical plastic raw materials and synthetic fiber products. The company operates as a subsidiary of Formosa Plastics Group. Its products include Benzene, para-xylene, ortho-xylene, styrene monomer, polystyrene, ABS resin, PP resin, PC resin, rayon fiber, nylon fiber and yarn products. The company products find application in paint, helmets, clock housing, stereos, shoe heels, engineering plastics, refrigerators, pipe fittings, stereo housing, suitcase, plates, bedroom fabrics and outer garments. It is also engaged in spinning, weaving, dyeing and finishing. The company has manufacturing facilities in Changhwa, Hsin Kang, Ilan, Dongshan, Chiayi Hsin Kang, Yunlin Mailiao, Lung Der, Mai Liao and Kung San. FCFC is headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Tables 3
List of Figures 4
Section 1 - About the Company 4
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation - Key Facts 5
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation - Key Employees 6
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 7
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation - Major Products and Services 8
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation - History 9
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 11
Head Office 11
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 11
Joint Venture 12
Section 2 Company Analysis 13
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation - Business Description 13
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation - SWOT Analysis 14
SWOT Analysis - Overview 14
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation - Strengths 14
Strength - Broad Business Activities 14
Strength - Strong liquidity 14
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation - Weaknesses 15
Weakness - Decline in Profitability Ratios 15
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation - Opportunities 16
Opportunity - Positive Outlook for ABS 16
Opportunity - Positive Outlook of Petrochemical Industry 16
Opportunity - Growing Paint and Coatings Industry 16
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation - Threats 17
Threat - Competitive Landscape 17
Threat - Raw Materials Risks 17
Threat - Stringent Environmental Regulations 17
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation - Key Competitors 18
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 19
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 19
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 20
Performance Chart 22
Financial Performance 22
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 23
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 24
Section 4 Appendix 25
Ratio Definitions 25
About GlobalData 29
Contact Us 29
List Of Tables
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation, Key Facts 5
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation, Key Employees 6
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 7
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation, Major Products and Services 8
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation, History 9
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation, Other Locations 11
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation, Subsidiaries 11
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation, Joint Venture 12
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation, Key Competitors 18
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 19
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation, Annual Ratios 20
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation, Interim Ratios 23
Currency Codes 25
Capital Market Ratios 25
Equity Ratios 26
Profitability Ratios 26
Cost Ratios 27
Liquidity Ratios 27
Leverage Ratios 28
Efficiency Ratios 28
List Of Figures
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation, Performance Chart (2010 - 2014) 22
Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corporation, Ratio Charts 24
Formosan Union Chemical Corp (FUCC) is a chemical company that develops, manufactures and trades a variety of chemicals. The companys products include normal olefin, alkyl benzene, nonyl phenol, and hydrogenated
Formosan Rubber Group Inc. (FRG) is a chemical company that manufactures and supplies rubber, PU, and PVC-coated fabrics. The company offers products such as rubber products, silicone rubber, PVC products,
Formosa International Hotels Corporation - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the companys structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product
Khaitan Chemicals & Fertilizers Ltd (KCF), a subsidiary of Government of India is a chemical company that develops single super phosphate and edible oils. The company performs business through the
Acelon Chemicals & Fiber Corporation (Acelon Chemicals) is a chemical manufacturer that produces and sells various textile chemical filaments and yarns. The companys products include nylon 6 yarn, nylon 66
Krebs Biochemicals & Industries Ltd (KBIL) is a contract manufacturing company that manufactures and markets painkillers, anti-asthmatic and anti-HIV drugs. The companys products include simvastatin, lovastatin, androstenedione, amlodipine, cetirizine, orlistat,