The Valspar Corporation (VAL) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
The Valspar Corporation (Valspar) is a paint manufacturer, which develops, produces and distributes a wide range of coatings, paints and related products worldwide. It also manufactures and sells specialty polymers and colorants, besides it markets polymers and dispersions to paint and coatings manufacturers. Valspar sells its products through distribution network including paint dealers and mass merchants in the US, and other retail outlets under several brands including Valspar, Cabot, De Beer, House of Kolor, Plasti-Kote, Huarun, Guardsman and Octoral. The companys operations spread across the North America, South America, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Valspar is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the US.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Tables 3
List of Figures 4
Section 1 - About the Company 5
The Valspar Corporation - Key Facts 5
The Valspar Corporation - Key Employees 6
The Valspar Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 7
The Valspar Corporation - Major Products and Services 8
The Valspar Corporation - History 9
The Valspar Corporation - Company Statement 13
The Valspar Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 16
Head Office 16
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 16
Section 2 Company Analysis 19
The Valspar Corporation - Business Description 19
The Valspar Corporation - Corporate Strategy 20
The Valspar Corporation - SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis - Overview 21
The Valspar Corporation - Strengths 21
The Valspar Corporation - Weaknesses 22
The Valspar Corporation - Opportunities 23
The Valspar Corporation - Threats 24
The Valspar Corporation - Key Competitors 25
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 29
Financial Performance 29
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 30
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 31
Section 4 Appendix 32
Ratio Definitions 32
About GlobalData 36
Contact Us 36
List Of Tables
The Valspar Corporation, Key Facts 5
The Valspar Corporation, Key Employees 6
The Valspar Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 7
The Valspar Corporation, Major Products and Services 8
The Valspar Corporation, History 9
The Valspar Corporation, Other Locations 16
The Valspar Corporation, Subsidiaries 16
The Valspar Corporation, Key Competitors 25
The Valspar Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 26
The Valspar Corporation, Annual Ratios 27
The Valspar Corporation (Cont...1), Annual Ratios 28
The Valspar Corporation, Interim Ratios 30
Currency Codes 32
Capital Market Ratios 32
Equity Ratios 33
Profitability Ratios 33
Cost Ratios 34
Liquidity Ratios 34
Leverage Ratios 34
Efficiency Ratios 35
List Of Figures
The Valspar Corporation, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 29
The Valspar Corporation, Ratio Charts 31
Shared spectrum for LTE will fragment the mobile service provider landscape and create new markets for equipment and device vendors. This comment outlines a strategy for suppliers to seize this
Big Data originally emerged as a term to describe datasets whose size is beyond the ability of traditional databases to capture, store, manage and analyze. However, the scope of the
Telefónica’s deployment of Huawei’s turnkey CloudEPC solution in 13 markets is part of its two-pronged strategy: immediate virtualisation benefits, while finalising its UNICA network cloud infrastructure certification for deployment by
The Valspar Corporation Company Profile is a complete analysis of the companys operations, strategies, outlook and historic performance. The research work analyzes key strategies in current market conditions, SWOT
The Valspar Corporation - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the companys structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and