Merck Limited (MERCK) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Merck Limited (Merck India), formerly E. Merck Limited, manufactures and markets pharmaceutical products, over-the-counter (OTC) products, fine chemicals and pigments. It operates through two businesses, namely, Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals. The Pharmaceuticals segment manufactures prescription drugs and OTC products through its divisions Merck Serono and Consumer Health Care. It markets pharmaceutical products under the brand names of Neurobion, Polybion, Evion, Livogen Concor, Nasivion, Seven Seas and Maxepa, among others. The Chemicals segment offers Performance Materials and Pharm Chem Solutions. The segments product portfolio includes active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs), biopharmaceuticals and pigments, among others. The companys chemical products find application in the electronics, food, pharmaceutical, printing, coatings, cosmetics and biotechnology industries. It operates mainly in India and exports its products to Asian and African countries such as Nepal, Lebanon, Kenya, Sri Lanka and Libya, among others. It is a subsidiary of Merck KGaA. Merck India is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Merck Limited Key Recent Developments
Apr 26, 2013: Merck India Reports Revenue Of INR1.8 Billion In Q1 2013
Jan 30, 2013: Merck India Reports Revenue Of INR6.6 Billion In 2012
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Merck Limited - Key Facts 6
Merck Limited - Key Employees 7
Merck Limited - Major Products and Services 8
Merck Limited - History 11
Merck Limited - Company Statement 12
Merck Limited - Locations And Subsidiaries 13
Head Office 13
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 13
Section 2 Company Analysis 14
Merck Limited - Business Description 14
Merck Limited - Corporate Strategy 15
Merck Limited - SWOT Analysis 16
SWOT Analysis - Overview 16
Merck Limited - Strengths 16
Strength - Growing Segments 16
Strength - Research and Development Capabilities 16
Merck Limited - Weaknesses 17
Weakness - Declined Operational Performance 17
Weakness - Breach of Law 17
Weakness - Operational Constraints 17
Merck Limited - Opportunities 18
Opportunity - Pipeline Products 18
Opportunity - Paints and Coatings Market 18
Opportunity - Growing Aged Population 18
Opportunity - Growth Potential: India 18
Merck Limited - Threats 19
Threat - Uncertain R&D Outcomes 19
Threat - Stringent Government Regulations 19
Threat - Intense Competition 19
Threat - Anti Dumping Duty 19
Merck Limited - Key Competitors 20
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 21
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 21
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 22
Performance Chart 24
Financial Performance 24
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 25
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 26
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 27
Dec 18, 2014: Merck Announces Resignation Of Claus-Dieter Boedecker 27
Nov 26, 2014: Merck commissioned a climate-neutral co-generation plant at its production site in Goa, India. 28
Section 5 Appendix 29
Ratio Definitions 29
About GlobalData 33
Contact Us 33
List Of Tables
Merck Limited, Key Facts 6
Merck Limited, Key Employees 7
Merck Limited, Major Products and Services 8
Merck Limited, History 11
Merck Limited, Other Locations 13
Merck Limited, Key Competitors 20
Merck Limited, Ratios based on current share price 21
Merck Limited, Annual Ratios 22
Merck Limited, Interim Ratios 25
Currency Codes 29
Capital Market Ratios 29
Equity Ratios 30
Profitability Ratios 30
Cost Ratios 31
Liquidity Ratios 31
Leverage Ratios 32
Efficiency Ratios 32
List Of Figures
Merck Limited, Performance Chart (2010 - 2014) 24
Merck Limited, Ratio Charts 26