Cabot Corporation (CBT) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Cabot Corporation (Cabot) is a chemical company, which carries out research and development and production of specialty chemicals and performance materials. Its product line includes rubber and specialty grade carbon blacks, inkjet colorants, aerogel, fumed metal oxides, cesium formate drilling fluids and activated carbon. The company caters to various industries namely, aerospace and defense, automotive, brand protection, chemical processing, chemical processing, electronics, energy, environmental protection, glasses and ceramics, life sciences, mineral processing, textiles, transportation, and batteries, among others. Cabot operates through a network of manufacturing facilities, research and development facilities and sales offices across the world. Cabot is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, the US.
Cabot Corporation Key Recent Developments
May 05, 2016: Johns Manville Industrial Insulation And Cabot Partner To Produce High-Performance Insulation For Subsea Market
Feb 29, 2016: Cabot Corporation Launches New LITX 300 Conductive Additive for Lithium-Ion Battery Applications
Jun 30, 2015: Cabot Corporation Comments on Supreme Courts Ruling on Mercury and Air Toxics Standards Regulation for Coal-Fired Utility Plants
Mar 04, 2015: Cabot Norit Activated Carbon Used to Purify Tulsas Award Winning Water
Jan 28, 2015: Cabot Reports First Quarter Adjusted EPS Of $0.80 And Diluted EPS Of $0.69
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Cabot Corporation - Key Facts 6
Cabot Corporation - Key Employees 7
Cabot Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 8
Cabot Corporation - Major Products and Services 9
Cabot Corporation - History 10
Cabot Corporation - Company Statement 14
Cabot Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 16
Head Office 16
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 16
Section 2 Company Analysis 19
Cabot Corporation - Business Description 19
Cabot Corporation - Corporate Strategy 20
Cabot Corporation - SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis - Overview 21
Cabot Corporation - Strengths 21
Strength - Diverse End Markets 21
Strength - Strong R&D Capabilities 21
Cabot Corporation - Weaknesses 22
Weakness - Limited Cash Reserves 22
Cabot Corporation - Opportunities 23
Opportunity - The MATS Regulation 23
Opportunity - New Product Development 23
Opportunity - Key Developments 23
Cabot Corporation - Threats 24
Threat - Intense Competition 24
Threat - Stringent Regulations 24
Threat - Volatility Energy and Raw Material Prices 24
Cabot Corporation - Key Competitors 25
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 29
Financial Performance 29
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 30
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 31
Cabot Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 32
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 33
May 05, 2016: Johns Manville Industrial Insulation And Cabot Partner To Produce High-Performance Insulation For Subsea Market 33
Feb 29, 2016: Cabot Corporation Launches New LITX 300 Conductive Additive for Lithium-Ion Battery Applications 34
Jun 30, 2015: Cabot Corporation Comments on Supreme Courts Ruling on Mercury and Air Toxics Standards Regulation for Coal-Fired Utility Plants 35
Mar 04, 2015: Cabot Norit Activated Carbon Used to Purify Tulsas Award Winning Water 36
Jan 28, 2015: Cabot Reports First Quarter Adjusted EPS Of $0.80 And Diluted EPS Of $0.69 37
Jan 26, 2015: Cabot Norit Activated Carbon Awarded Two New Contracts for Mercury Removal 39
Section 5 Appendix 40
Ratio Definitions 40
About GlobalData 44
Contact Us 44
List Of Tables
Cabot Corporation, Key Facts 6
Cabot Corporation, Key Employees 7
Cabot Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 8
Cabot Corporation, Major Products and Services 9
Cabot Corporation, History 10
Cabot Corporation, Other Locations 16
Cabot Corporation, Subsidiaries 16
Cabot Corporation, Key Competitors 25
Cabot Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 26
Cabot Corporation, Annual Ratios 27
Cabot Corporation, Interim Ratios 30
Cabot Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 32
Currency Codes 40
Capital Market Ratios 40
Equity Ratios 41
Profitability Ratios 41
Cost Ratios 42
Liquidity Ratios 42
Leverage Ratios 43
Efficiency Ratios 43
List Of Figures
Cabot Corporation, Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 29
Cabot Corporation, Ratio Charts 31