Greece has one of the highest smoking prevalence rates in the world with more than 35% of the adult population who smoke. Per capita consumption of manufactured cigarettes and FCT was almost 1,900 pieces per year in 2014. The non-duty paid sector was dominated by FCT, the sector has been the best performing with the market growing from approximately 74 tonnes in 1990 to more than 2,300 tonnes by the end of 2011. Although sales were down to almost 1,800 tonnes in 2014 this represents a fall of more than 23.0% which is considerably less than that experienced for the wider tobacco sector.
-Overall tobacco volumes have contracted sharply since 2010 as the pressures posed by Greeces economic difficulties have forced some smokers to reduce consumption while others to look at the non-duty paid sector. From approximately 29,000 tons in 2010 the market has contracted to 18,000 tons in 2014.
-The tobacco sector is dominated by manufactured cigarettes, and Greece has one of the highest per capita consumption rates in the world, although lately this has declined because of the poor state of the economy and price rises.
-The non-duty paid sector has grown its profile in recent years as a result of rising tobacco prices and the poor performance of the Greek economy. Current estimates put non-duty paid smoking tobacco volumes at approximately 770 tons in 2014, equivalent to more than 20% of the total market.
-The fine cut sector is dominated by three multinational suppliers: JTI, Imperial Tobacco, and PMI. JTI is the leader in 2014, continuing its outright leadership achieved in 2006.
Volume sales of fine cut tobacco are set to continue to be adversely affected by a combination of economic difficulties facing the Greek economy as well as expected price increases.
Smoking Tobacco in Germany is an analytical report by Canadean that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Greek market.
What else does this report offer?
-Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise
-Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers and leading brands, along with company profiles
-Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habits, and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
-Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2014 to 2024
-Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market
-Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning
-As consumers product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Greek market is key to ensuring maximum future sales
-The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers
-Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and identify where to compete in the future
- Executive summary
- Tobacco products market, tonnes, %, 2004 and 2014
- Tobacco products market, tonnes, 2004-2015
Market size and structure
- Smoking tobacco consumption, volume, tons, 2004-2015
- Per capita consumption for smoking tobacco, 2004 -2015
- Duty and Non-Duty Paid Volumes, Smoking Tobacco, 2009, 2013 and 2014
- Smoking Tobacco: Market Segmentation, 2004-2015
- Cigarette Consumption: Manufactured v FCT, 2004-2015
- Breakdown by RYO and MYO , 2011-2014
Production and trade
- Imports, volume, tonnes, 2004-2014
- Imports of Smoking Tobacco, Volume, Tonnes, 2004 - 2014
- Imports by country of origin, top countries, %, 2014
- Exports, volume, tonnes, 2004 -2014
- Exports of Smoking Tobacco, 2004 and 2014
- Exports by country of destination, top countries, volume %, 2014
Taxation and retail price
- EU: Fine Cut Tobacco, tax incidence comparison, 2015
- Fine Cut Tobacco Retail prices, 2010-2014
Manufacturers and brands
- Manufacturer shares, volume, %, 2004-2014
- Brand family shares, volume, %, 2004-2014
- Company profiles The smoking population
- Adult smoking prevalence, by gender, 2004-2014
- Smoking frequency by age group, 2009
- Operating constraints
- Advertising restrictions
- Health Warning and Labelling requirements
- Other restrictions Distribution
- Retail structure
Prospects and forecasts
- Fine cut tobacco consumption, volume, tons, 2014-2024
- Per capita consumption, grams per year, 2014-2024
- Additional data tables
- Summary methodology
- About Canadean
There are 18 million active adult smokers in the Philippines in 2016. Also, it has been estimated that more than 50% of Filipino children are exposed to second-hand smoke in
NRT smoking cessation aids registered moderate current value growth of 2% in 2016 to reach sales of CZK97 million. Although the number of smokers who want and try to quit
A law banning smoking in indoor areas came into effect in 2009. As a result of this many smokers found smoking to be inconvenient and started to quit. The number
Smoking tobacco retail volume sales fell by 3% to 108 tonnes in 2015. One factor behind this decline was high unit prices within smoking tobacco compared to illegal standard cigarettes,
In 2015 the Chinese government strengthened its control over tobacco consumption. In early 2015, the Ministry of Finance announced a tax adjustment to increase the wholesale excise tax from 5%
In 2015 retail volume sales of cigarettes in Belarus saw an increase, whilst in 2014 sales declined. This was because the excise on cigarettes in 2015, and as a consequence
If you want to purchase particular section from this report then kindly contact us at email@example.com.